- Made in Japan - our "Devil's Fit" slim straight cut
- "Yenim" - the weft is made from Japanese currency pulp, so an obvious nickname!
- This highly experimental Japanese denim utilises the warp from our 18oz denim and uses a weft made from paper currency pulp, which is half the diameter of a cotton yarn, but twice as strong
- We are delighted with the end result which is a denim that feels like 14oz but is stronger than 18oz, however it was a lot more difficult to weave successfully than anticipated so we don’t plan to make this denim/”yenim” again
- Because the currency pulp weft is so thin there is not a lot of weft see-through on the face, resulting in a very dark indigo denim
- Button fly and hidden rivets
- Sanforized and one-washed - no shrinkage to be expected (with reasonably careful washing and drying). The waist will stretch out approximately one inch with wear. All other dimensions that are put under pressure will have a tendency to stretch proportionately to the stretch in the waist.
- Poly/cotton constructional stitching
- Model Sam wears tag 31, Giles wears tag 32
- Worn with The Bootery/Wesco® 8' Jobmaster
- When selecting your size, please check actual measurements you need. Please measure an existing pair as per the guidelines under the "HOW WE MEASURE" tab above (do not simply go by tag size alone) and compare those with the detailed measurements for this model by clicking the "MEASUREMENTS" tab above
- Need a shorter length? You will be prompted on checkout to order hemming if required
See discussed in Iron Heart Forum
See more images in the Iron Heart gallery
See our 14oz “Fits & Fades” gallery here