Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Buying & Selling / Bumping Rules  (Read 14170 times)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Buying & Selling / Bumping Rules
« on: September 28, 2009, 03:18:39 pm »
Don't wish to be too prescriptive, but this board is intended as a market-place for individuals to buy and sell Iron Heart or denim related products.

It is not intended to be used by retailers, so if you are a retailer, please don't try it on, or we'll reluctantly have to get involved.

Bumping
We have a pretty active and successful selling & buying section here.  One of the reasons people like it is because there is not a lot of gratuitous bumping going on.  But that is on the increase and ultimately could lead to people avoiding us and choosing to sell elsewhere.  Net result, we all lose out.  So from now on if any of the ModSquad see any bumping that we think is too frequent or unnecessary, we shall delete the bump.....
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:17:29 pm by Giles »
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Buying and Selling Rules
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 10:00:53 pm »
I'd also like to add that respect is paramount here.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO ADD TO SOMEONE'S FOR SALE THREAD, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Offline Beatle

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 11:58:07 am »
Okay - one more thing -

If you are selling an item, please try to include the following information

Tagged size
Actual measurements
Pictures that show the current state/ condition of the garment

Thanks***
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:55:49 am by Giles »
We can do anything

http://bybeatle.com

Offline nameness

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 05:48:08 am »
Let's add another one in:

Unless you are specifically looking for a trade only, please include an asking price.  This is not eBay.

Offline LandoCal126

• LandoCal126
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 09:33:17 pm »
This is not directed at anyone in particular but something I have noticed as a growing trend in the buying and selling area. Please keep your commentary in these threads to a minimum. Things like conversations, praises, random commentary or opinions on pricing, etc. are all things that while nice, are unnecessary and somewhat dismantle the natural flow of B&S. Asking someone to post photos or measurements is fine and encouraged, but please use PM for questions that do not pertain to the entire community. Thank you all for looking, participating, and understanding. Good luck on all your Buying and Selling!!!
RIP Geo

Offline LandoCal126

• LandoCal126
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 02:05:41 pm »
When a item you are selling finally sells, no need to bump it by saying "Sold." Just hit the "Lock Thread" button at the bottom of your sale thread and a mod will move it for you. Cheers
RIP Geo

Offline LandoCal126

• LandoCal126
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 01:07:58 pm »
Hello everyone. Please take a moment to look through the Buying and Selling section for any old threads you may have open which are no longer available, have been sold, etc. If you do find any, please be so kind as to click the "Lock Thread" button at the bottom of your sale thread. Once you do this, the mod team can move these threads to "Sold Items" and the Buying and Selling area will be much easier to navigate. Cheers
RIP Geo

Offline rocket

• Mod Squad
  • Team Humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 03:17:29 pm »
Hey guys, we would like to remind all members to clearly communicate and fix all terms of the exchange before any actual sale or trade happen. Unclear communication can cause bad buying and selling experience, so talk to each other and sort stuff in advance, thanks and happy buying and trading....
rocketrocksrox 🤙🏼🤙🏾

It's all humbug, like everywhere
R.I.P. Geo

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 05:48:47 pm »
I would like to add here, that selling and buying here is a purely a private matter between two individuals.  We provide the mechanism for you to publish your stuff and to communicate between each other, that is all we do.  We (that is the Admins, Mods and Iron Heart), can not be held responsible for any sales or purchases that do not go the way you envisaged.
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 11:08:56 am »
And please do not bump your sales threads too much.  If you do, the mods are likely to delete your bump.  Bump if you have useful information to add or you are reducing the price.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 05:45:35 pm »
Please restrict your sales to the sales board.  I do not want the product threads to become cluttered with sales stuff.  We have tried to give you separate areas for different functions, please try and follow suit......
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:47:26 pm by Giles »

Offline rocket

• Mod Squad
  • Team Humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 08:46:40 pm »
Please restrict your sales to the sales board.  I do not want the product threads to become cluttered with sales stuff.  We have tried to give you separate areas for different functions, please try and follow suit......

a friendly reminder, we would appreciate it...
rocketrocksrox 🤙🏼🤙🏾

R.I.P. Geo

Offline rocket

• Mod Squad
  • Team Humbug
    • View Profile
Re: Buying & Selling / Bumping Rules
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 11:31:02 am »
I would like to remind all members, who want to use the marketplace part of the forum, to clearly include all needed informations in their threads.

I'm talking about stuff like:

- clearly name the items you want to move (things like brand / model / color, etc...)
- tag size and actual measurements
- a honest condition description
- your asking price
- shipping options and costs
- payment options
- other terms like: returns, PayPal fees...

It is strongly in your own interest to include these informations and will help your potential buyers big time.

thanks crew....
rocketrocksrox 🤙🏼🤙🏾

R.I.P. Geo

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 11:54:16 am »
Thanks Rocket.

We tried this approach, unfortunately, it did not work.....

Offline Chris

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 05:56:27 pm »
Unless you are changing prices or making substantive updates to your listing, please limit bumps to once a week.