Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Iron Chef WAYCT - What Are You Cooking Today  (Read 213075 times)

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Chef WAYCT - What Are You Cooking Today
« Reply #2385 on: September 10, 2019, 02:00:49 am »
"Teppanyaki" at home! Tried to go paleo with it as possible. Friend-grown zucchini, bell pepper, carrot, white onion, quinoa fried "rice," and the only appearance of soy was in the Makoto ginger dressing (a.k.a. "crack") I used as a dip for the sirloin. Didn't have quite enough bandwidth in the kitchen to cook the steak on the "hot plate" (sort of a wok-like bowl), hence the grill marks, and opted to sautee the veggies in a tamari-based yakiniku sauce I made.

"IMG_20190909_184307.jpg"
Think it, be it.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: September 10, 2019, 06:50:41 am »
Looks great.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: September 11, 2019, 08:00:50 pm »
Team Taiwan ( @Kurt-faith and the ridiculously pretty Faith ) cooked for @Madame Buttonfly and me tonight.....

"IMG_3823.JPG"
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: September 11, 2019, 08:17:33 pm »
Great looking crew! Should not have cut yourselves out, Team Padmore,  but then again I guess it would take a drone not to.

I've a Pro Tip[TM] that I've been using for reheating leftover pizza (sue me, I'm a fat American): do it in a hot cast iron skillet with a lid. The crust will be crispy and the toppings will get steamed. It turns out to be better than the first time around in most cases.
Think it, be it.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: September 18, 2019, 08:56:38 am »
Last night, comfort food was the order of the day.  Cottage Pie.....

"IMG_3852.JPG"