Hi, Guest

Author Topic: The Real McCoys  (Read 437984 times)

Offline theorocks

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
Re: The Real McCoys
« Reply #1605 on: September 03, 2021, 11:29:29 pm »
New Jacket day  Nelson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline popvulture

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: September 04, 2021, 02:53:21 am »
Ha! I just got one of those, too — you and I have a lot of crossover ;D

Looks great on you, man. What do you think of it? I love mine.

Offline theorocks

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: September 04, 2021, 02:56:45 am »
Ha! I just got one of those, too — you and I have a lot of crossover ;D

Looks great on you, man. What do you think of it? I love mine.
Really ! Crazy I’m loving it … and thanks can’t wait to wear the hell out of it lol

Offline popvulture

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: September 04, 2021, 04:01:18 am »
Yeah man I’ve been wearing mine around the house during the day in the AC so I can get a little action starting to happen with it. Really psyched to see how it breaks in, and dreaming of cooler weather!

Offline theorocks

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: September 04, 2021, 04:10:11 am »
Yeah man I’ve been wearing mine around the house during the day in the AC so I can get a little action starting to happen with it. Really psyched to see how it breaks in, and dreaming of cooler weather!
Same lol post up a pic when ya get a second

Offline popvulture

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: September 16, 2021, 03:41:11 pm »
So I swapped these 001XX for a size 32 and am beyond glad I did, what a perfect fit these are. The raw measurements were a little closer to 34" in the waist like RMC London's chart, vs S&S's at 33". They fit great raw so I was a little concerned about shrinkage, so I cold soaked — turns out that didn't really do anything at all, so I went ahead and gave em a hot soak. Some shrink, but also minimal, just tightened up everywhere they needed to (mostly top block). They're super comfortable and I'm stoked to wear em a lot. It should be noted that a lot of conversation online in various forums chalks up some of the ridiculous RMC shrink figures to a hot soak AND a trip through the dryer. EDIT looks like I already mentioned that back in the initial post about these, but I think definitely worth restating for anyone looking to buy a pair of RMCs.

Also pictured: Nelson, FW Cassady shirt

"Nelson.jpg"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 03:54:11 pm by popvulture »

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: September 16, 2021, 05:03:12 pm »
Solid fit @popvulture and I dig the jacket (yours too @theorocks )--if I were to buy a leather jacket anytime soon it would be that style, single-breasted and sort of cafe racerish in the body but with lapels. It takes some of the motorcycle-ness out of it.

Long been an admirer of the Cassady shirt. The namesake is such an interesting figure who lived a remarkable life and they did a great tribute to him with that shirt.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 05:10:44 pm by mclaincausey »
Think it, be it.

Offline henry_david

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Luke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: September 16, 2021, 05:04:17 pm »
Gorgeous fit, @popvulture  8) Diggin' tf outta the jacket, too.

Offline popvulture

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: September 16, 2021, 05:36:20 pm »
@henry_david thanks so much man!!! Yeah the jacket is really killer, can't wait to get some character on it. I've got a Perfecto that I love, but I wanted another leather jacket for a little more toned down option.

Related:

https://www.theonion.com/study-finds-owning-cool-leather-jacket-more-rewarding-t-1819573356

Offline theorocks

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: September 16, 2021, 05:38:13 pm »
[mention]popvulture [/mention] Excellent fits all around jacket looks smashing too !
 J

Offline theorocks

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: September 16, 2021, 05:39:31 pm »

n
Breaking in nicely

Offline henry_david

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Luke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: September 16, 2021, 05:45:13 pm »
lolol digging deep in the archives for that article, @popvulture  :D I love classic Onion (my fave of all time: https://www.theonion.com/temp-hides-fun-fulfilling-life-from-rest-of-office-1819566599).

I wish I were a leather jacket person, but I don't think that I am (or at least my wife tells me that I'm not  :'().

@theorocks, on the other hand, is most decidedly a leather jacket person. I like those button cuffs more than an elasticized cuff. I missed that detail on @popvulture's jacket, but I see that you both have the same EPIC jacket. Looking good.

Offline theorocks

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: September 16, 2021, 05:50:09 pm »
[mention]henry_david [/mention] Thanks ! Agreed [mention]Maclainsy [/mention] I don’t ride so I’m more comfortably in this style although I love D pockets and cafe racers and as well with engineer boots I get the questions about my bike lol I will never ride

Offline henry_david

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Luke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: September 16, 2021, 05:52:17 pm »
Ha! People ask me why I wear Iron Heart and a sterling silver motorcycle chain if I don't ride. I always tell them because IH is high qual and that's it.

Offline popvulture

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: September 16, 2021, 05:58:33 pm »
@mclaincausey missed your post earlier — thanks man! And yeah I feel like the non-motorcycleiness of it is kinda what I was going for, really feel like sometimes I don't wanna roll into a place looking like a Ramone (but then again, sometimes I do). And the Cassady shirt is for sure a great one — I've owned several and highly recommend em.

And @henry_david hahaha hell yes, that is fucking amazing... also is that TYONDAI BRAXTON FROM BATTLES?. I think The Onion is pulling some mega meta shit with that one.

@theorocks see, yours is really starting to get there! I need those arm wrinkles, man! I'd better up my at-home air-conditioned wearing habits, stat.