See product in shop
Hi, Guest

Author Topic: IH-888S-SB - Superblack 21oz Selvedge Denim Medium/High Rise Tapered Cut  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Jordanxbuffer

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
Re: IH-888S-SB - Superblack 21oz Selvedge Denim Medium/High Rise Tapered Cut
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2018, 11:41:55 pm »
I didn’t see it brought up in this thread, will there be a re-stock of these?
The product page in the webshop lists them as «Endangered» and says «No restocks» I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jordanxbuffer

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
Are there any examples of how the non-fade material ages? I used the search bar but didn’t come up with anything.

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Not many that I know of. I have a bag made out if it that has seen daily use for two years, I’ll take some pics and post here tomorrow (it’s 0100 in Norway).

Offline Jordanxbuffer

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
Not many that I know of. I have a bag made out if it that has seen daily use for two years, I’ll take some pics and post here tomorrow (it’s 0100 in Norway).
You’re the real MVP, Neph.

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile

Ha

Here’s the bag. It’s made of the standard 21oz Super Black denim. I’ve had it for 2-3 years and it sees constant use. I’m not gentle with it either so it goes everywhere. It got a thorough hand wash about 6 months ago.

The thing to notice is that despite being an item which has some high wear points and despite it taking a kicking, it doesn’t get high contrast fading. It fades in a much more uniform fashion. This is the reactive dye doing its job.

If you compare it the product pics in the webshop (https://www.ironheart.co.uk/cutnsewn/ihe-19.html) you’ll see it has lost some of its initial inky blackness. Another thing with this denim, it’s pretty stiff when new but softens beautifully.

Personally I really like how this denim ages and hope to get either a jacket or vest made of it one day.

Offline Jordanxbuffer

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile

Personally I really like how this denim ages and hope to get either a jacket or vest made of it one day.
I think you may have convinced me! Thank you for the in depth write-up and pictures.