See product in shop
Hi, Guest

Author Topic: IH-888-UHR - Indigo UHR 21/23oz Selvedge Denim Medium/High Rise Tapered Cut  (Read 29249 times)

Offline Dion

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
dreigh, I've washed mine at 60° C and here are the measurements. It didn't harm the denim at all but got all the shrinkage out of them. I would strongly recommend to soak your pair in hot water for a few hours prior to washing them inside out to avoid any unpleasant surprises as stated before.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile

I recall Giles saying at some point that this is an enthusiasts denim. My interpretation of that statement is that these don't do well with frequent washing, as they loose dye so easily.
I really meant, they are unpredictable and require some love and care to get the best out of them.  You need to understand that and be prepared for disappointment if you don't do the right things. 

Buy them, chuck them in a hot wash and tumble dry, you've just wasted a shit load of dollars....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Haddtoo 555

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
I picked up a pair of these. My first UHR and my first 888. I sized down to a 30 based on the roominess of the cut and I can do a 30 waist in the 55's and 634. I will have to stretch the waist, probably could've buttoned them up out of the bag.....didn't feel like working the hard. I'll post after the soak & wash
madmonday's retired....I'm just tired.

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Sizing down in these is excellent, especially dor guys like me who struggle with the the 555 cut. I sized down two on my IH-888S-OD and it works like a 555 cut for guys with chunky thighs.

Offline Haddtoo 555

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
it works like a 555 cut for guys with chunky thighs.
my thoughts exactly.....soaking.
madmonday's retired....I'm just tired.