Hi, Guest

Author Topic: WESCO  (Read 865611 times)

Offline JCMx800

• 見習いボス
  • Slow, deep and hard
    • View Profile
Re: WESCO
« Reply #1950 on: March 31, 2015, 10:50:04 pm »
@JCMx800 I really want to but I'm low on funds. Need to pay some bills and save up some cash.

Same here + the € is über weak :/
Les Paul -> ProCo Rat -> Super HardOn -> JCM800 Low Input
XXX

Offline superfuzz

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: March 31, 2015, 11:08:06 pm »
^ so is my bank account!

Offline Bluegrass

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 31, 2015, 11:49:01 pm »
Watch that 2nds site! I swear it feels like stealing if you happen to find something you like in your size.  A buddy of mine just got a pair of brown domain boss boots that spec'd out over $600 for ~$300.  I personally "stole" a pair of brown packers for ~$280.  My experience has been the blemishes are barely noticeable and typical of the wear and tear you might get in any case after some normal use.  Just saying...

Offline superfuzz

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 01, 2015, 12:02:45 am »
@Bluegrass Will do. The two pairs of Wescos that I have are made to order so I don't know what my actual size is in Wescos. I'm sure I could get some advice from people on this forum and figure it out. And since I paid $100 for the custom fit, I kind of rationalized that I need two more pairs so I only paid $25 each for the fit!

I really want a pair of jobmasters with the Vibram 1010 sole (sorry Giles!) just for comfort for everyday use, and those don't seem to pop up on the seconds list too often, so I think I'll probably have to shell out the full price.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:06:48 am by superfuzz »

Offline urbanwoodsman

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 01, 2015, 12:03:24 am »

Watch that 2nds site! I swear it feels like stealing if you happen to find something you like in your size.  A buddy of mine just got a pair of brown domain boss boots that spec'd out over $600 for ~$300.  I personally "stole" a pair of brown packers for ~$280.  My experience has been the blemishes are barely noticeable and typical of the wear and tear you might get in any case after some normal use.  Just saying...

Take this man's advice. I'm just still unsure of my size. I had a pair a few years ago but I ended up returning them.

I'm an 8.5E in whites, 8.5E in Alden TrueBalance, and usually an 8.5 in Viberg's forgiving lasts(not the 2030).

I feel like I should be a 9E.

Offline superfuzz

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 01, 2015, 12:04:39 am »
Urb, if you feel like dropping the change go the custom fit route.

Offline urbanwoodsman

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
WESCO
« Reply #1956 on: April 01, 2015, 01:23:23 am »
Urb, if you feel like dropping the change go the custom fit route.

Meh. I'm not looking for a custom boot from them just yet. I've watched the Seconds area for about 4yrs now and just have never pulled the trigger.

Offline superfuzz

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 01, 2015, 01:50:16 am »
@urbanwoodsman That's cool. I'm just saying I've been really happy with the custom fit boots I got from Wesco. And since I've paid the cash to get a custom fit, I feel like I should get a third pair! So probably not going the seconds route.

Offline Bluegrass

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 01, 2015, 03:43:59 am »
I get it fuzz, makes sense.  and urb, 9E would prob be a good bet.  It is hit or miss on the 2nds but sometimes the stuff that pops up is really good.  hit or miss, need to be diligent.

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 01, 2015, 04:44:11 am »
Right now they've got a pair of Foot Patrols in my size in Burlap rough out.  I go to look at them every day, and I'm still not sure whether I'll be disappointed or relieved if they get sold before my self restraint cracks.

Offline pillowPANTS

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 01, 2015, 03:25:22 pm »

Take this man's advice. I'm just still unsure of my size. I had a pair a few years ago but I ended up returning them.

I'm an 8.5E in whites, 8.5E in Alden TrueBalance, and usually an 8.5 in Viberg's forgiving lasts(not the 2030).

I feel like I should be a 9E.

General advice that i was given was to go .5 bigger then your Viberg size. I was told the same with Whites tho and it looks like u are the same in both lol???

Offline Segovia

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 01, 2015, 06:46:55 pm »

I'll suggest the 2nds site as well. I picked up what I assume are the IH/Wesco Brown Roughout Foot Patrols for $280. There's a scuff on the lining on one of the boots which shouldn't ever cause any issues. There was another pair of Burlap Roughtouts that I really considered as well.

Offline Bluegrass

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 02, 2015, 03:36:28 am »
Right now they've got a pair of Foot Patrols in my size in Burlap rough out.  I go to look at them every day, and I'm still not sure whether I'll be disappointed or relieved if they get sold before my self restraint cracks.

You are a strong man...

Offline Bluegrass

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 03, 2015, 12:45:57 am »
Boots and dogs - 2 of my favorite things  :-*

These are my Packers, built like tanks with the standard brown leather.

Offline JCMx800

• 見習いボス
  • Slow, deep and hard
    • View Profile
WESCO
« Reply #1964 on: April 03, 2015, 04:20:47 am »
Very nice!!!
The shape looks great, I am so glad because my next pair gonna has the same MP toe. But with a black christy :P
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:31:49 am by JCMx800 »
Les Paul -> ProCo Rat -> Super HardOn -> JCM800 Low Input
XXX