See product in shop
Hi, Guest

Author Topic: IH-526Lod - 19oz Left-Hand Twill Selvedge Denim Type III - Overdyed Indigo  (Read 67449 times)

Offline going_to_battle

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile

I have learned that I need to think carefully about what I plan to wear under my jackets.

This ^

My first type III is three seasons. I now have a summer type III, and a two season type III that I’ll be able to use as a four season type III under my slightly large N-1.

I would do the same as you, except I also have about ten other jackets, mostly Indigofera, e.g. Grant jacket for summer, Kurt chore jacket, Copeland and Fargo shirt-jackets, and also Filson short lined cruiser, Iron Heart N1 deck jacket, etc. So I've probably already got all bases covered and don't really need another jacket... but I'd like a type III. I just need to make sure it fills a niche purpose in my wardrobe.

And I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes my go-to day-to-day jacket.

Offline going_to_battle

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
I try to size my type IIIs so that I can wear a T-shirt and a flannel or hoodie under the jacket.  I find that even if I only wear a T underneath, they still look good when I size that way.  I do live in a warm climate though.  YMMV.

Good tip, thanks.

I know some people like the style of very small type III jackets that they can barely do up, but I think I've reached the stage in my life where I'd rather have something more practical.... without it being oversized. In otherwords, a good fit  :)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
I know some people like the style of very small type III jackets that they can barely do up,
That'd be me....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Plymouth58

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
The ODG was actually one that I bought in person (from Rivet & Hide). It fitted really well. The problem was, I bought it in July last year, on the hottest day in UK history! So I was only wearing a thin t-shirt underneath. I tend to wear a Large in IH items but bought an XL as it felt like the right fit, so I’m not against buying unusual sizes. I actually think the ODG has a very slim fit (I’ve read that elsewhere and the measurements seem to back it up).

I have learned that I need to think carefully about what I plan to wear under my jackets. It’s ok to have summer jackets but I think I’d wear my next type III jacket in autumn and spring, with maybe a couple of layers or an UHF.

The ODG whipcord is also the only IH I bought in person (also R&H) and I’m glad I did because of the slimmer fit. They suggested to size up to XXL instead of my regular XL. Love that jacket. I can’t wait to start wearing it over my brand new IHSH-33B.

Offline AdamJ

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
OG post with sizing chart has been updated, for convenience, click here
The devil is in the detail..

Offline Wlemon

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Iwas born lost and take no pleasure in being found
    • View Profile
Does the Crew still wear their "normal" sizes? For example, do you, @Alex, still wear a XXL?

Offline AdamJ

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
@Wlemon I am rounding everyone up at the moment to try one on  :D

Offline Wlemon

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
Haha. Thank you @AdamJ. Like herding cats no doubt.

Offline AdamJ

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
It is bloody boiling today so for some reason they are not queing up at the door to try 19oz denim jackets on 🤷🏻‍♂️

@Wlemon I have updated the post beneath the fit pic on page 1 with what staff wear

Offline Wlemon

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
I'm trying to get the sizing right on this one since I've waited for so long. I have a XXL in the IH-526PJ, and it seems like the XXL in this will work; however, when I measured my IH-526PJ, the waist came up 21.5, a bit bigger than the pub chart. Maybe I should just email you all and sort this out there rather than airing personal info.  :D

Offline AdamJ

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
@Wlemon Haha, yeah we won't treat the forum to a how-to-size-jackets special. Email us or stick some notes in the order. You know the drill!

Offline Wlemon

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
I’m just giddy. Please excuse my boorishness.

Offline AdamJ

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
@Wlemon Only two more days to go!

Offline Wlemon

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
I would ask how long a plane flight to Gosport would take, but I know Americans can’t travel to the UK now.

Offline grassfedyogi

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
The (updated) measurements on this jacket looks very interesting...
M would be just right with a T shirt, and L with a shirt/thin sweater. Such hard choices.
The shorter sleeve/length of this jacket is making me to jump with joy!
I have my 555-01OD arriving tomorrow...this may have to be next...decisions decisions...