Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Underwear  (Read 6532 times)

Offline Stuart.T

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: Underwear
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2018, 03:53:56 pm »
I find it fascinating that quite a few folks almost don't care a bout their underwear, but socks...well don't mind paying out more. One of the reasons I like small brand batch made clothing such as IH is that there is an ethic in not churning out mass produced crap. I try to buy ethical and well when I can, and that would extend to the boxer shorts I wear.

I'm also a taller, bigger guy, and given the number of jeans that are made with a lower back rise these days I have to wear a British style boxer short, which I find comfortable. I also don't think the world needs to see my arse crack when I Bend over if I'm wearing a brief style short  :-*

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2018, 06:57:59 pm »
What ethical undie brands do you buy @Stuart.T ?

Offline Niro

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2018, 07:07:05 pm »
I find it fascinating that quite a few folks almost don't care a bout their underwear, but socks...well don't mind paying out more.

i've always thought about this myself, but then when I see boxer shorts at like £25 a piece  ???

Offline Stuart.T

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2018, 08:32:14 pm »
@neph93 http://moralfibres.co.uk/ethical-mens-underwear/ The reason I first became interested in quality denim is because the production values and standards applied by certain producers. It appealed to me just as much as the aesthetic and heritage. I'm not going to lie, I cut my teeth on the hardcore punk and metal aesthetic, which basically owes much of it's iconography to 50/60s rock and roll. If it was purely about the later I could just buy Levis LVC brand

@Niro the prices people are happy to pay for a pair of boots, jackets, etc for excellent quality brands such as IH and Wesco suggests the proportionately £25 isn't that much for underwear.

The other thing that amazes me is that our female folk often think nothing of paying double that for underwear, and often don't have much choice either.

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2018, 09:21:09 pm »
Thanks for that. I have no objection paying 25 quid or more for undies and generally do so. I haven't ever felt the need to source a pair based on exceptional quality, ethical superiority, or proof of sustainability over and above the normal. I'll certainly look over the options though.

I was originally lead to this scene through a desire to get away from the shite that the high street offered (both in terms of quality, choice and sustainability) and while the latter still motivates me to a degree, it now comes as a satisfying bonus rather than a primary reason for purchasing IH.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2019, 03:39:16 pm »
Unless you go through underwear at a high rate (and unless that is due to flimsy purchases), I don't see why you wouldn't be willing to significantly fund the thing holding your junk and placing a layer between your exits and your expensive clothing, if there's something to be gained with your spend.
Think it, be it.