Hi, Guest

Author Topic: A Farewell to Winchy  (Read 5565 times)

Offline Madame Buttonfly

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
A Farewell to Winchy
« on: December 19, 2017, 01:24:27 pm »
As some of you already know, Winchy (Matt) has moved back to his home town of Westgate-on-Sea in Kent, and leaves us officially at the end of this week, although he’ll probably head home to the family tomorrow.

Back in April 2013, Giles and I realized we were struggling, working 7 days a week and, whilst possibly heading for nervous/physical breakdowns, we probably were not serving our customers as well as they deserved!  Taking on our first employee was a huge step.  Matt is my nephew and had always taken a keen interest in Iron Heart, from the start he really “got” what we were doing.  Matt has a degree in Audio Engineering, but he had a lot of experience from his younger days in menswear retail, so with his interest in Iron Heart and knowledge of customer care and stockroom management he was a great fit.  Luckily for us, he was ready for a change of scenery and joined us full-time at the beginning of July 2013.

Since then, lots has happened!  The very day Matt and his girlfriend Mariana moved to Gosport they discovered she was pregnant, and their son Alex arrived in February 2014.  In May 2014 they married and December 2015 saw the arrival of their daughter Rosie.

For some while now Matt and Mariana have planned to move back to Westgate, a lovely seaside town where most of the family live, including Matt’s mum, dad, brother, grandmother, plus many of his friends from school and college days who he remains very close to.   They bought a house, which coincidentally and very conveniently is right next door to his brother and family, and finally moved in a couple of weeks ago.

Winchy will be sadly missed, he’s been a part of the Stubborn Crew for nearly five years, has helped us grow and has supported us through thick and thin.  His plan is to go back into audio production, but I will let him say more about that when the time comes.  He’ll always be part of the Iron Heart family, I know he has many friends out there who will miss him, and we’ll make sure he’s back here in Gosport for all our future IH events.

Please join me in saying a huge thank you to Matt, and wishing him success and happiness in his new home and all his future endeavours.
AKA Mrs G AKA Blanket Gollum

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
A Farewell to Winchy
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 01:34:04 pm »
Winchy! Thank you so much for all the help these last three or four years. I’d be interested to know how many items you’ve measured for me altogether, packages sent, emails answered. I’m sure it adds up to working week or two.

It’s been a pleasure getting to know you via email, and a pleasure to finally meet you this last September. I hope to see you again at an IH get together.

Take care and the best of luck.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
Re: A Farewell to Winchy
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 01:44:14 pm »
Thanks for all the help, Winchy!.. Good luck with the new career, and enjoy the family!..

Offline bryaneidins70

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 01:45:08 pm »
Lovely to meet you Matt and thank you for the 'deals'.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and prosperous future in Westgate on Sea.

"Good news boppers, the big alert has been called off, turns out that the early reports were wrong, all wrong. Now for that group out there that had such a hard time getting home, sorry about that, I guess the only thing we can do is play you a song"

Offline 501/IH

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 01:49:19 pm »
This is a very sweet idea and worthy of very many contributions.

Matt knows how much I value him, it has always been such a pleasure to meet him, with his great personality, his dedication, not least his warmth and sense of humour.
I will most certainly be among those who'll miss him, and miss him really, truly, fully. And with every intention to keep in touch.

Matt, stay being the great human being that you are, keep wearing good denim (and never those hideous jogging pants in public, PLEASE!), have lots of success in your new pursuits, and a wonderful life with your family.
Keep your jeans on---and let nothing come in between you and the denim !

Offline goosehd

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 01:53:12 pm »
Matt,

Thank you very much for the help in the past!  Is has been appreciated.  Best of luck to you and your family in your next adventure.

Offline Dishelveled

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 01:55:43 pm »
You will be missed Matt, but cheers to your new beginnings!  All the best, to you and yours :)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Instagram: defy_delphi

Offline Broark

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 01:59:10 pm »
Thanks for all the help over the years Matt! Best of luck to you and your family, hope you stick around these parts every now and again.

Offline Appfaff

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 02:05:23 pm »
@winchy - it has been a joy chatting with you over the years as our families have grown. Wishing you the very best of wishes and future success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dion

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 02:09:28 pm »
Matt, thank you very much for your tremendous help and wonderful service! You've been one of the main reasons dealing with IHUK is as pleasant as it is. I wish you and your family all the best of luck and happiness for your future!

Offline Max Power

• 見習いボス
  • Only doom is real
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 02:40:37 pm »
Matt, its sad to see you leave but i hope and wish that everything turns out great for you! Thanks for all your efforts!
I don't care what people say.. The Max Power way is the right way...

Offline madmonday

• 見習いボス
  • still trying to find the right way to do the wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 02:51:35 pm »
@Winchy  it seems you are leaving Gos Vegas before you and the wife multiple any more and cannot fit in a single vehicle.

thanks for bringing IHUK to the next level and sincere wishes for continued health and gumption to follow your passions whatever they maybe.

head high, middle finger higher

Offline Cutlasshound

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 02:54:12 pm »
Mate, the very best of luck old chap and make sure you stay in touch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ain't got time to bleed.

Offline Winchy

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 03:02:22 pm »
Thanks all...very kind words....blushing a bit.

Offline celik

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 03:15:15 pm »
Best of luck to you and your family @Winchy!!