Hi, Guest

Author Topic: SHIPPING  (Read 71770 times)

Offline Chris

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Re: SHIPPING
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 11:30:57 pm »
When I bought my pair of Tricker's, customs was surprisingly reasonable- about $13.  But then DHL charged me nearly $30 in fees, the bastards.  International purchases are such a frigging crapshoot.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 09:42:21 am »
Takasha, ship to me in UK, they are way more lax here, then I can ship to you no probs as we are both EU..G
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 10:11:12 am »
I was about to offer the same...

Offline Blackheart

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 01:39:05 am »
+1 Chris, last jacket I ordered from Aero UPS hit me with $34.50 in customs fees. When I ordered my wallet
from Japan about two weeks ago no customs fees. That was sent by mail though and it sat in customs for
two days...Go figure. :-\

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 11:06:33 am »
I got you one better...

- if people send me a package through 1st Class Int'l Mail (cheapest USPS service), and fill out the custom form correctly: no charge
- if people do the same but use Priority Int'l Mail, I receive a 10 € fee stàndard

So people: I know 1st Class doesn't come with a tracking #, but please USE it if I ask you to!..  ::)

Offline taksaha

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2011, 11:04:26 pm »
G and Seul - thanks so much for the offer, guys! I will definately let you know - and please do not hesitate to PM me if you need any obscure Danish specialities.

Offline dcg

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 08:11:14 pm »
Is it common to encounter UPS exceptions in international shipments?  I've placed two orders from IHUK and have received four exceptions between them!  (Obviously not the fault of anyone at IH; simply curious whether this is common, or if I'm just extremely unlucky).

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 08:23:01 pm »
Could you explain to my dumb arse what an exception is?..

Offline dcg

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 08:29:00 pm »
;D You get an email from UPS that's titled "UPS Exception Notification, Tracking Number (your tracking number here)".  Basically notifying you that there has been some sort of cock-up on their end and that your shipment is going to take longer to reach you.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 08:42:36 pm »
Oh... Here they just cock up, and tell you nowt about it...

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 09:23:50 pm »
That does seem to be a higher incidence than i would expect.  I've had a look and it appears that your stuff is missing trucks and aircraft, I guess 6 lbs of IH gear slows the poor feckers down.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline dcg

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 09:50:37 pm »
That does seem to be a higher incidence than i would expect.  I've had a look and it appears that your stuff is missing trucks and aircraft, I guess 6 lbs of IH gear slows the poor feckers down.....

Hopefully not because they are wearing it.   :'(  I'm ok with your legs having been (hopefully briefly) in those jeans, G, but no one else's!  :-*

Offline bagley920

• 見習いボス
  • HWDC2-25 HWBC-71
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 10:12:12 pm »
Guys, I work for UPS. An exception does not necessarily mean your package has been delayed, it just means something out of the ordinary has occured. Could be weather, could be a truck, plane, train, any method of transportation. With international shipments, more than likely it is a customs delay but that has nothing to do with UPS, it has to do with various country's governments and the greedy brokers that push international packages through.
If I am not I, who will be? -Henry David Thoreau

Offline Blackheart

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 10:17:26 pm »
I had the same exception notice on my last order, it came on time, no delays.

Offline dcg

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 10:21:03 pm »
Work for UPS, do you?  Hmm, the plot thickens...what size jeans do you wear???

;D j/k, thanks for the explanation.  With the previous exception my package still arrived in two days; this one did get delayed an extra day. 

Sadly, as G is well aware I have no other pants/shirts/jackets to wear, so I will patiently wait here in my underpants until the shipment arrives tomorrow.