See product in shop
Hi, Guest

Author Topic: IH-526PJ - Indigo 21oz Selvedge Denim Modified Type III  (Read 13410 times)

Offline Chris

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Re: IH-526PJ - Indigo 21oz Selvedge Denim Modified Type III
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2019, 07:15:32 pm »
Self Edge also uses a different system for measuring jeans, so those are always going to be off from IH. Jackets should be closer, but I've learned to never trust their numbers on anything.

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2019, 06:09:31 am »
...all of their measurements for this jacket are different from those listed by IH (this always seems to be the case with SE)....

Yes, SE measure differently, also with jackets. The best way to mitigate the issue is to learn to measure the IH way, use that on your reference garments at home, then refer to the tables on the IH website, even if you’re buying from SE (or any other store).

Offline dreigh

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2019, 05:40:08 pm »
I ended up reaching out to Rivet and Hide, and they had one size large left that was just a smidge over 22" in the chest, right on the money for what I'm seeking in my next type III (A jacket I can wear over sweatshirts and flannels...my olive whipcord type III fits wonderful, but it is more tailored through the body).

The sleeves are a smidge longer than what I am used to at 26.5" long, but I imagine the creasing on a 21oz type III will bring them in a bit over time.

I have to give a shout out to Rivet and Hide for their great service, right up there with the Iron Heart crew!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 05:49:34 pm by dreigh »