Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Hifi, Lofi - Show us What you Listen With......  (Read 4345 times)

Offline organisys

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
Re: Hifi, Lofi - Show us What you Listen With......
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2019, 01:41:02 pm »
Speakers are a big upgrade from my previous 30 year old Wharfdale Deltas. Better control, detail and separation of instruments, especially at the very top and very low end. My tastes are mostly electronica and the B&W excel at detail and control so they suit me, especially as I enjoy subtle and detailed production on tracks.

The Cambridge compliments this, has a very open and clean sound. Built in DAC was a big benefit for me as I am using Digital Coax out from a Sonos Connect to play FLAC files. Plus I can connect my TV using SPDIF. I streamed Wonder Woman (4k) at the weekend for a bit of light entertainment and the soundtrack sounded great!

I also have a Misson Subwoofer, but it's not really needed anymore...cut off set to 40hz and low gain. Only comes into play sometimes for movies or Dub or some Drum and Bass.

How's your new amp ? :)

« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 01:43:36 pm by organisys »

Offline Stuart.T

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2019, 08:30:14 pm »
I didn't get a new amp yet. I'm running my new , Rega Planar 6, Rega Apollo, and Rega DAC R through my Cyrus 6 SE using a Chord Company coax.

The DAC brings everything together and tightens the bass nicely. It sounds much less woolly than my previous Cyrus 6 SE CD player. The sound stage produced by the Apollo is beautiful. I'm working my way through favourite discs as it's like hearing them again for the first time. 

Nest up is a Rega Brio R integrated amp. I auditioned the Apollo through a Brio R, and it was (for my budget and tastes) perfection.

Offline organisys

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2019, 01:02:31 pm »
Sorry, I misread your post. Only issue I have is with some of my favorite older discs or rips is that now I can hear bad production or mastering more easily, which has disappointed on occasion...