Hi, Guest

Author Topic: 555-03 To Soak or Not to Soak??  (Read 673 times)

Offline alexswords

• Haraki-san Prodigy
  • kill_your_jeans
    • View Profile
555-03 To Soak or Not to Soak??
« on: November 10, 2018, 12:43:11 am »
Hey guys, sorry if this topic is in the wrong place as i'm still a total noob to the forum but i have a question.. I just picked up a brand new pair of 555-03, the fit is already excellent, and i know this denim is sanforized, but i wanted some expert advice regarding this pair specifically.. Whenever i soak, i wear my denim in the tub in HOT water and i've found that i get stretch where they are tight, and shrinkage where they are loose..  My question is, is does this specific denim benefit from being soaked? or is it good either way..?? i'm taking about the overall strength of the denim being improved due to the soak or do they wear better without a soak? I do really enjoy the dry shiny appearance of a dry unsoaked sanforized denim, BUT, if the denim is better/stonger with a soak i would rather do what's best for the longevity of the denim..  Thank you for any personal insight due to results one way or the other with this specific model..  if you want to follow my denim shinanigans you can find me on Intsagram. my handle is @kill_your_jeans

cheers
Alex

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: 555-03 To Soak or Not to Soak??
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 01:05:43 am »
For longevity a soak is a plus. I’m sure some might disagree but soaking gets rid of the starch in denim and thus prolongs their life. I have one pair of jeans that has never touched water and they already suffer from holes and such. My other jeans that have been soaked and washed don’t have this issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 06:38:14 am »
As gaseous says, soak.  They are unwashed, you need to remove the starch.  There is likely to be some shrinkage, see product page.
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Crit_Obs

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 10:12:13 am »
@Dion ran a shrink-test on these, see the link below. Judging by the results, I'd definitely give these a machine-wash prior to wearing. I'm looking to pick up a pair as well.

https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3939.msg569441#msg569441

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 10:55:28 am »
If you machine wash, be very careful, soak first, def wash inside out, gentle cycle, no spin or tumble dry
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline alexswords

• Haraki-san Prodigy
  • kill_your_jeans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 05:26:52 pm »
Thanks for the input everyone. A soak they shall receive!!