Hi, Guest

Author Topic: The Wonderful World of Button Sewing  (Read 387 times)

Offline PV/ATX

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
The Wonderful World of Button Sewing
« on: December 18, 2018, 04:05:32 am »
Super exciting topic, I know.

I was in a rush the other day and grabbed my IHSH-21 off the hanger a little too briskly, managing to pop off a button in the process.

Two-parter. First—what kind of thread is used to sew on these buttons? Just wanna make sure I'm using the good stuff. Secondly, any special care I should take in sewing it on correctly? YouTube seems to have plenty of decent instructional vids for a rube like me, but once again I'd like to double check that I'm doing it right. 

Thank y'all!

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Re: The Wonderful World of Button Sewing
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 07:26:58 am »
We just use a polycotton thread of the appropriate colour, in the case of the IHSH-21, white thread.  There are various methods of sewing on buttons, but really all you need to do is make sure that the thread pattern on the button is the same as on the other buttons.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 01:06:48 pm by Giles »
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline PV/ATX

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
Re: The Wonderful World of Button Sewing
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 12:56:23 pm »
Awesome—thanks, Giles! Sounded like I was overthinking it a little bit, but just figured I'd check haha 8)