Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Matt's Airstream Adventure  (Read 5489 times)

Offline Matt

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
Re: Matt's Airstream Adventure
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2020, 08:36:34 pm »
I tested it out on the kids clothes this morning.  It's pretty slick.  All my denim is clean and put away until things cool off so it will be a while before I get to test it out on those.  I'll be sure to post any photos of a wash day that includes any of my IH shirts to try to keep things Forum relevant. 

Offline Matt

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2020, 02:11:39 pm »
We discovered this weekend that if you don't level your trailer just so then your air conditioner's condensation drain line won't drain properly.  When that happens you may experience some leaking inside your trailer in the middle of the night that you may discover when half drunkenly stumbling to use the toilet.  All's well that ends well I guess, I got to try out the new levelers and wheel chocks we got...

Offline Matt

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2020, 02:11:47 pm »
"B7E48221-8125-4540-960C-086FAE016395.jpeg"

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2020, 02:13:03 pm »
Mein Gott.  You need to take a degree course in how to run a bloody Airstream......

"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Matt

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2020, 02:25:21 pm »
I know, you'd think we bought a 20 year old model that needed fixing up but no, this apparently is trailer living.
I've given up on feeling like I've got it all figured out.  It's really just a matter of embracing the "For Christ's sake what now?" mentality.  Don't even get me started on the drain flies that have made our black tank their home.  I'm considering just depositing some frogs down the drain and letting them live there.  We'd never hear them over the sound of our kids fighting before bed every night.

That said... we are extremely excited with only 24 days left to go!  We bought a 2000W inverter generator that's pretty cool and a bike rack that I'll post some photos of when it arrives.  Finding a bike rack that fits somewhere other than all the places you'd typically put a bike rack but can't because all those places are already fitted with something else is a real challenge.  Fingers crossed I've figured it out.

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2020, 02:28:16 pm »
Yeah, who'd have thought that Airstreamers may like to explore the places they go by bike.......I guess there's a first time for everything
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Bfd70

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2020, 02:28:41 pm »
I appreciate the thread. You haven’t left yet and you’ve talked me out of it.

Offline Matt

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2020, 05:15:58 pm »
It's not for the weak of heart that's for sure.  I'm certain the rewards will far outweigh the risks once we get into it.  I can easily see how my accounts of trailer life so far would seem unattractive but once we get out into the world and start really seeing and doing stuff I may change your mind again.  Hang in there.

Offline Matt

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2020, 09:01:46 pm »
13 days left until we shove off and I'm happy there's nothing serious to report.  I'll probably wash her down this weekend (the Airstream, not the wife.  She'll presumably wash herself before we leave).  We have some folding bikes that should arrive before we leave that I'm excited about which will help us solve a few storage and transportation issues RE: bicycles that have been bothering us for a while.  They weren't cheap but they weren't anything like some of the exorbitant prices out there for those types of things.  We have a water filtration system coming too so we can feel better about the potable water situation from campground to campground.  We ordered our National Parks Pass today which will get us into all the Natl Parks and associated Parks Areas for a year.  Cuyahoga Valley National Park will be our first Natl Park destination in August.  We're going to work our way southwest into the winter then try to head towards Wyoming so we can enjoy as much 70 F weather during the summer months as possible.  The weather in Wyoming in the 10 day forecast is 70 F and sunny with 10% humidity and I'm wondering why I haven't left the east coast sooner. 

Let me know if anyone has any questions or if you want to see any specific pictures of our rig inside or out.  I'm happy to oblige since I don't have much to post for the next 2 weeks, at least until the next thing breaks. 

I'll post a rough travel itinerary for the summer/fall months and if anyone has any suggestions go ahead and shout them out. 

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2020, 11:36:22 am »
Post some pics of you washing her down. The rig, that is, not the wife.

I feel like it's all coming together, innit!.. And gotta love that 70F weather with low humidity... It's been like that for ten days here now... Loving it...