Hi, Guest

Author Topic: The Iron Heart Forum Ten Year Anniversary Party Week End...  (Read 25552 times)

Offline spitfiredealer

• 啓蒙家
  • The Juice was worth the squeeze
    • View Profile
Re: The Iron Heart Forum Ten Year Anniversary...
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2019, 07:44:06 am »
Hopefully I will be able to make the weekend. A special UHF sounds pretty cool, plus a mug would be great too

Offline Madame Buttonfly

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2019, 07:48:09 am »
This is very exciting - promise we'll fix dates very soon so that people can book early.  Will be either 14th/15th September or 21st/22nd September@Chap we'd love to have you here, it's going to be impossible to find a weekend to suit everyone but now's the time to shout out your preference, people!

There is a new "cheap and cheerful" 70 bedroom Travelodge Hotel being built on Gosport High Street, a short stroll from here - I hope it will be open by September, can't find any info right now but this would be a real bonus, finding local accommodation is always a challenge.

@Filthy British Airways return flights to Philadelphia are currently about £300 (less than $400) so I am sure there will be some cheap flights available.  The Scandi airlines (Finnair for example) are also offering great deals between UK and many US cities.

And so it begins...

AKA Mrs G AKA Blanket Gollum

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2019, 08:03:04 am »
Nice to have over seven months warning... need to pick a good time to raise this with Hot Ingrid  :D

Offline spitfiredealer

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2019, 08:03:51 am »
Bring her too. Sal will be coming with me.

Offline Cole

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2019, 08:06:59 am »
A special UHF sounds pretty cool...

Remembering the Kanrekishirt-Desaster I wouldn't do a special western or workshort, but I'm all in for a mug, pin and T-Shirt.  ;D
WTB:
IHSH-87 XL
IHE-13

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2019, 08:24:15 am »
Hopefully I will be able to make the weekend. A special UHF sounds pretty cool, plus a mug would be great too
Who said anything about a UHF?
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2019, 08:27:51 am »

Remembering the Kanrekishirt-Desaster I wouldn't do a special western or workshort, but I'm all in for a mug, pin and T-Shirt.  ;D
We've sold well over 100 of them, that's not my definition of a disaster....Yes, they sold slow, but they sold.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline spitfiredealer

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2019, 08:30:06 am »
Who said anything about a UHF?

I must of dreamt it!!

Well it's out there now, make it so  ;D

Offline Chap

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2019, 08:32:58 am »
This is very exciting - promise we'll fix dates very soon so that people can book early.  Will be either 14th/15th September or 21st/22nd September@Chap we'd love to have you here, it's going to be impossible to find a weekend to suit everyone but now's the time to shout out your preference, people!

There is a new "cheap and cheerful" 70 bedroom Travelodge Hotel being built on Gosport High Street, a short stroll from here - I hope it will be open by September, can't find any info right now but this would be a real bonus, finding local accommodation is always a challenge.

@Filthy British Airways return flights to Philadelphia are currently about £300 (less than $400) so I am sure there will be some cheap flights available.  The Scandi airlines (Finnair for example) are also offering great deals between UK and many US cities.

And so it begins...

14th/15th would be great and I if I get a Visa for the UK  :P then I‘ll be there...
God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

Offline Chap

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2019, 08:36:42 am »
Oh no that is the only weekend this summer where I already have a date fixed...  :'( :'( :'( please @Madame Buttonfly another weekend
In the words of the inimitable Oscar Wilde "sorry, I have a subsequent arrangement".....

As eloquent as always...
God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

Offline Max Power

• 見習いボス
  • Only doom is real
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2019, 08:45:42 am »
I really hope I can make it. Sounds lovely!
I don't care what people say.. The Max Power way is the right way...

Offline UnTucked

• Mod Squad
  • UnTucked Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2019, 09:20:36 am »
I think it goes without saying that The Love's will be in attendance
In search of:
IHJ-30, med.
IHV-03, med.

Offline Cole

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2019, 10:14:11 am »

We've sold well over 100 of them, that's not my definition of a disaster....Yes, they sold slow, but they sold.....

Good to know. I thought you where still sitting on a big pile of them.
WTB:
IHSH-87 XL
IHE-13

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2019, 10:15:33 am »
Funnily enough, we have a lot of M, but not a lot else.....

Offline Madame Buttonfly

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2019, 11:37:02 am »
I think it goes without saying that The Love's will be in attendance

I should jolly well hope so! I daresay Maddy will be drafted in to help with the cooking (whilst we drink beer and watch)   :D :-*
AKA Mrs G AKA Blanket Gollum