See product in shop
Hi, Guest

Author Topic: IH-888S-142 - 14oz Selvedge Denim Medium/High Rise Tapered Cut Jeans - Indigo  (Read 13588 times)

Offline BrianA

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
So... Are these pants more comfortable is you're a bigger guy with a bit of a gut?  Initially I had thought so but now I'm not sure, especially if the pants are more-so suppose to be sitting atop my stomach.  Think that would get uncomfortable. 

Offline Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
The added room can add some comfort to those with a more portly stomach area, alternatively, the 777 can work as the rise sits bellow the gut, but sometimes that can lead to a builders crack situation

Offline nixage

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
So... Are these pants more comfortable is you're a bigger guy with a bit of a gut?  Initially I had thought so but now I'm not sure, especially if the pants are more-so suppose to be sitting atop my stomach.  Think that would get uncomfortable. 

For me, yes.  I've gained a bit of weight over the years but used to be an avid cyclist and skateboarder before that.  I've always had larger than average thighs and these are the only model now that fit me well.  I think the higher rise is actually nice.  I don't feel that it's uncomfortable.  But, if you get a pair that doesn't fit well, then no matter what they'll be uncomfortable. ;)  As mentioned, the 777 can fit well if you have less meat on your thighs.  For me that model is less comfortable.  YMMV

Offline BrianA

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
What about the 555s? 

I was trying on the 888s, in a size 36, I had recently purchased.  Wife thought that a skinnier jean might look more flattering on me.  She might be right.  The rear rise on the 555s are nearly the same and the front rise just a tad shorter.  Just never really thought to order slim jeans given my midsection weight.  Does anyone have thoughts?

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Depends. Could you do the thighs? The 555 is quite generous in the top block, roomier than the 888, However the thigh starts slim and tapers hard to the knees. If you can manage the thighs, then why not?

Offline webmal

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
Hey G, when's the next restock for 33s?

...an estimate please ;)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
A few months, this is one of about 50 things we urgently need to run.  Given the factories only have limited production capacity, we are trying to sort out the best scheduling.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Vole

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
I picked up a pair of these the other day from someone who told me they were brand new and never washed

Is there a way to tell if these have been washed?

This is my first pair of iron hearts.... My other raw jeans seem more stiff?

"IMG_20210213_105538.jpg""IMG_20210213_105500.jpg""IMG_20210213_105436.jpg""IMG_20210213_105422.jpg"

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Makes no difference, we have already one-washed them anyway...
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Vole

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply... I was worried about the fades!

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply... I was worried about the fades!
No need to be. The idea that a wash fixes the indigo is a bit of a myth.

That being said, from your photos, those jeans look super crispy and clean. In other words, brand spanking new.

Offline Vincent101

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
Will these be back in stock anytime soon? I’m looking for a 38 waist.

Offline Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Restock is due in April