Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Sonder Supplies x Simmons Bilt - Leather Flying Jacket - Seal Brown  (Read 3923 times)

Offline Jimothy

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
Re: Sonder Supplies x Simmons Bilt - Leather Flying Jacket - Seal Brown
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2020, 01:21:46 pm »
Thanks for the clarification Giles. Its funny actually, because now when you google fleece all the results seem to indicate it is a synthetic material, and if you google "natural fleece" you literally get no returns indicating it can even be derived from animals -- instead alluding that it can be mixed with natural materials.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Jimothy

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2020, 02:53:07 pm »
Thanks Giles! That looks like a good read but a wee bit too long for me to go through at work  :D.

Open floor question -- in terms of warmth, how would this compare to the leather flight jacket or the deck jacket? Looking for warmth being here in Canada but I do have a parka for when it's truly cold -- just looking for that nice transitional piece that can perform up until the coldest parts of the year.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2020, 03:48:22 pm »
@Alex  has one of these.  I'll let him answer....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2020, 03:51:36 pm »
This will be equally warm as the ANJ-4, the sheepskins are the same thickness. I find myself reaching for my B6 more than my N1 when its colder, but my N1 when the windchill is greater as it is far more windproof thanks to the interlining

Offline Maitiu

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2020, 03:43:28 am »
Did I read right that there isn't any front pockets anywhere?

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2020, 08:21:21 am »
That's correct....

"2020-12-14_0823.png"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 08:23:58 am by Giles »