Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Iron Chef WAYCT - What Are You Cooking Today  (Read 211951 times)

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Chef WAYCT - What Are You Cooking Today
« Reply #2385 on: September 10, 2019, 02:00:49 am »
"Teppanyaki" at home! Tried to go paleo with it as possible. Friend-grown zucchini, bell pepper, carrot, white onion, quinoa fried "rice," and the only appearance of soy was in the Makoto ginger dressing (a.k.a. "crack") I used as a dip for the sirloin. Didn't have quite enough bandwidth in the kitchen to cook the steak on the "hot plate" (sort of a wok-like bowl), hence the grill marks, and opted to sautee the veggies in a tamari-based yakiniku sauce I made.

"IMG_20190909_184307.jpg"
Think it, be it.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: September 10, 2019, 06:50:41 am »
Looks great.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: September 11, 2019, 08:00:50 pm »
Team Taiwan ( @Kurt-faith and the ridiculously pretty Faith ) cooked for @Madame Buttonfly and me tonight.....

"IMG_3823.JPG"
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: September 11, 2019, 08:17:33 pm »
Great looking crew! Should not have cut yourselves out, Team Padmore,  but then again I guess it would take a drone not to.

I've a Pro Tip[TM] that I've been using for reheating leftover pizza (sue me, I'm a fat American): do it in a hot cast iron skillet with a lid. The crust will be crispy and the toppings will get steamed. It turns out to be better than the first time around in most cases.
Think it, be it.