Hi, Guest

Author Topic: How we are coping as a business during the Covid-19 Pandemic  (Read 12941 times)

Offline jock1624

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
Re: How we are coping as a business during the Covid-19 Pandemic
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2020, 06:11:45 am »
How about something like this below but in a 32oz left hand twill ?

https://bravestarselvage.com/products/the-ltd-edition-cone-selvage-denim-face-mask

Bit cheeky of me i know ...

Stay safe and sane all of you .

Cheers
Mirthing my way through life.

Offline scooter

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2020, 07:34:38 am »
How about something like this below but in a 32oz left hand twill ?

https://bravestarselvage.com/products/the-ltd-edition-cone-selvage-denim-face-mask

Bit cheeky of me i know ...

Stay safe and sane all of you .

Cheers
While, one might think, putting forth the effort to make a mask is within the realm of possibility, the creation of a whole new denim for it (32oz, no less) is definitely not. It's been well documented, the XHS(25oz) is as heavy as H-san is willing to go.

Edit: Having said that, I think even the XHS would be overkill.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 07:40:43 am by scooter »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
  • I am not a complete twat though...
    • View Profile
How we are coping as a business during the Covid-19 Pandemic
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2020, 07:40:33 am »
I don’t think left hand twill meets industry standards for blocking aerosol particles. Because skewing and chin twist
Get ahead, go figure, go ahead and pull the trigger,
Everything under the gun.

Offline jock1624

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2020, 08:13:34 am »
Think of the fades though ....

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
  • I am not a complete twat though...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2020, 08:48:54 am »
Sick nose fades are the best.... oh, wait
Get ahead, go figure, go ahead and pull the trigger,
Everything under the gun.

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2020, 12:39:08 pm »

Interesting. There’s tons of companies now making masks, which is great to hear. At some point I’m going to need a backup pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2020, 12:42:02 pm »
Interesting. There’s tons of companies now making masks
Wouldn't you want to get into this market now?
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline jock1624

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2020, 05:16:20 am »
Are you in Giles ? 32oz !

Offline jock1624

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2020, 05:17:20 am »
I will happily test a few samples if you produce them sir !

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2020, 06:24:32 am »
No I am not, that's why I did not reply...
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Alex_24

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:58:30 pm by Alex_24 »

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2020, 12:56:53 pm »
Nope, I'll leave this to them to do themselves, It's their gig and a lovely thing to do.  Sorry....

Offline Alex_24

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2020, 01:03:34 pm »
Ok, all good. No worries. Thanks for the reply.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2020, 10:46:10 am »
Without wanting to state the bleeding obvious, these are times that are presenting challenges that we are all having to work out how to cope with.  We have fallen into a pretty good routine and, credit to the whole crew, we are managing to muddle along.

So far we have managed not to furlough anyone (shame, I was top of the list @Madame Buttonfly and @Alex  drew up  :) ).  We are really keen that our customer service and speedy shipping do not suffer, I am strongly of the opinion that on the "other side" the companies that looked after their customers well during the crisis will be rewarded with increased customer loyalty.

On a daily basis this is how we are running things, @Alex , @AdamJ and @AdamC deal with all inbound and outbound shipping.  I am the hemming and pimping bitch.  @Steve and @Sam predominantly work from home, they come into the office to take studio pics when they have to, but everything else (photo editing, newsletter creation, new product creation etc) they do from home.  @Chesson @Graham also work from home, they deal with order queries, website queries, live chat etc etc, much of what we do when answering questions does require us to physically check and measure stuff, but they do all the initial grunt work and then hand the stuff they can't do from home to the guys in the office, this allows the shipping team to do just that, with fewer interruptions.  @Chesson is actually in the office today, doing repairs that are too difficult for me to attempt.  And everyone is mucking in with website maintenance and updates, all doing what's needed - even when well outside the scope of their "normal" roles.

@Madame Buttonfly mainly works from home, dealing with the mountains of administrative crap that trying to extract a loan out of the government "backed" scheme entails.  We believe we will get a confirmation for the loan in the next few days, our accountants can't believe that we've managed it this quickly, all credit to Paula for dealing with the day to day minutiae that would drive the rest of us mad.  She also sorts our all inbound and outbound payments, bookkeeping, VAT returns etc etc.

Website sales are holding up which is amazing, thank you all who are supporting us.

And thanks to Haraki and the .jp crew for being amazingly flexible and to the whole UK crew for just getting on with it...

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 08:36:14 pm by Giles »

Offline AdamJ

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2020, 11:06:18 am »

Website sales are holding up which is amazing, thank you all who are supporting us.

+1 , thanks to everyone for your continued support and nice messages when sending in emails. You're not a bad bunch
The devil is in the detail..