Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Trophy Clothing - Ranger W Rider's Jacket  (Read 378 times)

Offline Chesson

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Trophy Clothing - Ranger W Rider's Jacket
« on: November 17, 2020, 12:06:44 pm »

When it comes to motorcycle-inspired leather jackets, Trophy Clothing set the bar with their immaculately constructed renditions of iconic classics. The ‘Ranger W’ cuts no corners on the quality front, it has been constructed from a soft tea core horsehide leather that has been cut in a classic rider’s jacket silhouette with all the expected detailing.

The leather is responsibly sourced and only the finest hides are selected. The tanning process is kept traditional with only a brown base layer going down before the black creating the desirable tea core finish. This intricate process would usually show all the scars on your standard hide which many others would hide with chrome tanning. Trophy opted for the traditional and more natural method of tanning, using one of Osaka’s finest tanneries, completely trusting their choice of leather by keeping it all on show.

The use of quality materials doesn’t stop at the leather on this jacket either. The black and white check, 100% cotton lining brings the heritage elements of this garment together, the fabric itself has been used in the construction of many of their flannel shirts. YKK hardware has been used throughout with three zip closure pockets on the front and one kidney pocket on the rear.

Made in Japan. Good for all seasons.

USD 1765

ONLINE NOW

"_IH29792-Edit.jpg"

"_IH29793.jpg"

"_IH29800.jpg"
IG: @alexchesson_

Offline Chesson

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Re: Trophy Clothing - Ranger W Rider's Jacket
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 12:07:28 pm »
"_IH29915-Edit.jpg"

Offline flavour79

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 01:17:21 pm »
wow. what size is Graham in this jacket? really digging the fit

Online Graham

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 01:37:19 pm »
@flavour79 An XL would give me a nice trim fit akin to howe Chess is wearing above. I would not be able to wear it over a heavy shirt or sweat thou but I din't think i'd want to if I owned this, perfect over a tee/thermal.

FW20 wishlist:

IHSH-254-GRY
IHSH-267-NAV
IHSH-270-BLK
IH-666-XHSBB

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 02:08:06 pm »
I've been thinking about leather jackets and what I might like to invest in for a while. This one is speaking to me. Just the right balnce of classic styling, and clean modern lines.

Offline Appfaff

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 01:52:43 am »
I literally messaged Giles about the One Star being RE-run because I have been thinking of a perfecto type jacket.. and then This beauty pops up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chesson

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 09:17:51 am »
Here are some more shots of Egawa san, Trophy Clothing's founder and creative director wearing the Ranger W. I think the only thing that could have made this jacket look any cooler would have been a Brat Style built Indian Sport Scout...and there it is!

"Ranger1.jpg"

"Ranger4.jpg"

"Ranger5.jpg"

"Ranger2.jpg"

...and the jacket that inspired it all, an Indian Motorcycle's rider's jacket that Egawa san purchased over a decade ago.

"Ranger3.jpg"

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 09:36:08 am »
I literally messaged Giles about the One Star being RE-run because I have been thinking of a perfecto type jacket.. and then This beauty pops up!

Potentially tricky sizing for you and I though? I could probably do it over a single layer but would need an XXL over a shirt. Which would be the most functional for me I think.

Offline Chesson

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 10:09:56 am »

Potentially tricky sizing for you and I though? I could probably do it over a single layer but would need an XXL over a shirt. Which would be the most functional for me I think.

I'd agree. I think you'd be able to single layer it, not ideal for the Norweigen winters though. They only made up to a 42 (XL) this year, when I've gathered some more feedback from this season around the fit I will check the possibilities for some larger sizes going forward.

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 10:17:02 am »
@Chesson this was my mistake with my IHW-11. Melton wool, lined, it is a warm jacket, but it works best on me over one layer. Put a hoodie under it and it looks stuffed when closed. Sadly it limits usage as wearing one layer with a warm jacket is great for autum and even winter in temperate climates. Up here you can count potential wear time in terms of days instead of weeks or months.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 10:29:36 am by neph93 »

Offline Chesson

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 10:26:02 am »
@neph93 I completely agree, and with something like the Ranger it's going to take you years to even break it in! Personally on me, in this country with my lifestyle, it would have daily wear until I start melting in the summer in it.

Offline setandsetting

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 03:23:07 pm »

"Ranger2.jpg"

I could live to a million and never look this effortlessly cool.

Offline Appfaff

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2020, 03:32:47 pm »
good call @neph93 - p2p of 22.5 on the largest size means no-go for me...

But honestly, I would never buy a jacket without a two way zipper.. IH has spoiled me, and it's the first thing I look for when I look for jackets.

Offline Mustafa911

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2020, 05:12:58 pm »
I am in same dilemma . 22.5 no go  and wished 23.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chesson

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2020, 05:19:31 pm »
@setandsetting For real! Egawa's a serious cat, but anyone who puts one of these jackets on instantly jumps up the scale.