Hi, Guest

Author Topic: NEW EU WEBSITE NOW LIVE  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Snowy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: NEW EU WEBSITE NOW LIVE
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2021, 01:52:02 am »
Not quite.  We are in the process of setting up a taxable presence in the Netherlands, but the Netherlands is unique in that we can do that without registering a company.  In the US, we had to do both...

ahh right. I'm guessing it's the same as what a few major companies like nike do. I did notice that some of their worldwide sales are billed through the Netherlands.. I'm assuming the process would be somewhat similar to that?

Double Irish With a Dutch Sandwich - is a fun one to read up on - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/double-irish-with-a-dutch-sandwich.asp

Offline DrPat

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2021, 07:08:33 am »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/12/world/europe/brexit-britain-trade.html?referringSource=articleShare

“We are going to be living with Brexit for the rest of our lives,” said Jeremy Thomson-Cook, London-based chief economist at Equals Money, an international money manager. “The coronavirus is an acute condition. Brexit is chronic.”

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2021, 07:19:37 am »
Exactly, I was talking to Danny from Rivet and Hide about it the other day, I said I'm more worried about Brexit than Covid, hias response, I've been more worried about Brexit for ages, a pandemic only lasts 18 months....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline endo

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
    • Instagram 'travellang'
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2021, 02:06:11 pm »
a pandemic only lasts 18 months....

... let's hope so

Offline Tago Mago

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2021, 06:11:00 pm »
Ordered IHSH-33B a couple of weeks ago, right around the time you had to suspend shipping to the EU. Great support by Graham, Adam and Ben processing the order and stacking the shirt while you got everything sorted. Got an email on Friday to inform me that you were resuming shipments and received the order today. Love the shirt, and I cannot stress enough how impressive the swift adaptation in these circumstances is.

Offline AdamJ

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2021, 06:30:17 pm »
@Tago Mago thank you very much
The devil is in the detail..

Offline Weft 4 Dead

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2021, 11:10:05 pm »
I was devastated to read how badly this had hit the business. Really happy you guys have been able to resume operations so quickly, though. Those fees are outlandish. I hope the headache subsides sooner than later...
WTB IHSI-01

Offline daynym

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2021, 09:04:06 pm »
@Giles : I don´t know if I understood correctly. It will be the financial better solution for you guys if I buy directly from a german supplier, so that you don´t have to pay the high fees?
why so serious?

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2021, 10:49:06 pm »
Nope, buying from us is fine.  But buying from a retailer is also cool.  Do whatever you feel happiest doing.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline daynym

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2021, 08:36:27 am »
Okay thx.
why so serious?

Offline Signal11

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2021, 07:11:08 am »
Thank you so much IH crew for setting this up so well and sparing us the hassle of customs duty and taxes! :-* :-*
Ordered something last Wednesday and received shipment Thursday. 1 day delivery!

Offline MichalM

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2021, 10:34:23 am »
Where are the shipments from?
Netherlands?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 10:37:28 am by MichalM »

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2021, 10:38:42 am »
From the UK. 

However, as soon as we have done the legal things that we need to do, we will be bulk shipping all EU packages from the UK into The Netherlands, customs clearing them there, and then onward shipping to the end-user, at that point they will be an intra-EU shipment.  BUT, this will take about 6-8 weeks to put in place.

Offline MichalM

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2021, 10:47:20 am »
Complicated Breakshit  ;)

Offline daynym

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2021, 06:34:30 pm »
Yepp. Great Service. Ordered yesterday 10 am, delivered today 9 am.
why so serious?