Hi, Guest

Author Topic: We are temporarily closing the WTB board...  (Read 867 times)

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
We are temporarily closing the WTB board...
« on: March 05, 2021, 03:03:16 pm »
As a result of long lasting activity from scammers, that has spiked again recently, the "Want to Buy" board is not able to function as it should.

As a result we have decided to lock it and move in to an admin area for an undisclosed period. All threads currently available will be preserved and when we are able to we will repopulate this board or one like it for use somewhere on the forum.

Please ask any questions about this here...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 03:16:46 pm by neph93 »
Get ahead, go figure, go ahead and pull the trigger,
Everything under the gun.

Offline Chap

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: We are temporarily closing the WTB board...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 03:51:24 pm »
As a result of long lasting activity from scammers, that has spiked again recently, the "Want to Buy" board is not able to function as it should.

As a result we have decided to lock it and move in to an admin area for an undisclosed period. All threads currently available will be preserved and when we are able to we will repopulate this board or one like it for use somewhere on the forum.

Buying/Selling/WTB for verified members only... or memebers with at least 'The Unwoven' status... would reduce the number of 'only selling' people too
God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 04:14:53 pm »

Buying/Selling/WTB for verified members only... or memebers with at least 'The Unwoven' status... would reduce the number of 'only selling' people too

Good idea Jens. I’m looking into how best to do it.

Offline Brock

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 04:35:26 pm »
Thanks for keeping us safe Reuben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Matt

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 09:18:01 pm »
Shutting down the buying thread keeps me safe from my self. 

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 09:59:47 pm »
The board is back in place. We have made some changes that we hope will make life harder for the scammers. In short, a user is required to make a certain number of posts before being able to access the board. This will mean new, legitimate members will be excluded but that should not be a problem in the long term.

Offline mikebarhoot

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 01:25:59 am »
will the changes increase sales of larger items for not so petite members?  asking for a friend.

seriously tho. thanks!  i know the effort for keeping and maintaining a forum such as this is... time consuming to say the least.  i appreciate the efforts.

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 08:52:34 am »
will the changes increase sales of larger items for not so petite members? 

The software doesn’t allow me to tweak that, however I sacrificed some chickens, burnt XHS hem cut offs, and smeared the ashes on my face, while invoking Pazuzu. So something should be along any day now.