Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Sonder Supplies - New Brand Suggestions  (Read 677 times)

Offline Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Sonder Supplies - New Brand Suggestions
« on: April 03, 2021, 12:59:07 am »
Inspired by a question from @adam313 ... Most people reading this will know why we started Sonder Supplies, so if you have any brands you would be keen we introduced to the roster, let us know here...

Offline Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Re: Sonder Supplies - New Brand Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 01:00:38 am »
And maybe Sonder Supplies could stock some Flat Head? @Alex Seems like they would fit right in with the other brands. I’m sure they could use all the help they can get...

Definitely something to think about, but we would need to think on it a little more

Offline adam313

• 啓蒙家
  • Everyday Evolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 01:04:12 am »
Naturally...

Waiting for the time when I can finally say, that this has all been wonderful, but now I’m on my way...Phish

Offline adam313

• 啓蒙家
  • Everyday Evolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 01:20:49 am »
And since you opened up the box, imma shoot myself in the foot and give you the goods. There’s a tie dye artist in Okinawa. His Instagram is @yogu8. I think you should send him some of Sarina’s Utilitees and have him dye them and then sell them on Sonder. I will buy the first one. And honestly I would rather have it on an iht-1600, but options, you know

"520FC056-9DFD-44FA-AC57-30C7FD02FDFF.jpeg""07F7591D-1605-4A3E-A359-448EE54163C3.jpeg""62273EB4-A325-4FE8-A6C3-9D2CAB559939.jpeg""658AC7B4-0516-4A63-B04E-A61A616F510A.jpeg""27F4F56A-FFC7-423A-86A2-8AE2A9F528E3.jpeg"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 01:32:50 am by adam313 »
Waiting for the time when I can finally say, that this has all been wonderful, but now I’m on my way...Phish

Offline Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 01:24:35 am »
Wow, those are great.

Utilitees have tested the water on tiedye:

Something to discuss with Sarina..

Offline adam313

• 啓蒙家
  • Everyday Evolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 01:25:24 am »
And it’s brilliant!! So many possibilities. “Be water, my friend.”

Offline Fadez

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 02:40:48 am »
I’d just like to add seeing the Washed denim from the Rats was really cool. I currently have 5 pairs in my rotation, so I dont plan on getting another pair anytime soon, but they look like the the exact pair that I’d get in a washed look. I really enjoy the direction Sonder is going. I enjoy seeing the different fabrics and colors that are being offered. I think that’s a healthy compliment to the IH lines. Keep up the great work!!

To actually answer the question... I think one of the brands on the up and up is NoBrandedOn from Indonesia. I’m not sure anyone carries them in the west. That might be a neat partnership.

I also think the sport/casual lines could be explored. Since quarantine I’ve lived in my IH sweats. High end casual wear has caught my eye more often than heritage just because of my change in lifestyle, especially since my wife and I are both working from home.  I’d flip for some serge joggers or a denim hoodie. But this is a very inside boy American opinion.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 02:49:55 am by Fadez »

Offline Appfaff

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 04:15:20 am »
Seeing as my “want” list of Sonder’s gear keeps rising, I have a tendency to look at what holes are not currently filled.

High end Japanese sportswear - Nine Lives
Motorcycle chic - Trophy
High end skate - Radial
Street - Rats
Sophisticated casual wear - Calee and Monadic

I would say some opportunities rest in footwear (I know, hard to decipher public opinion and a huge capital thanks investment) as well as something like casual but with attitude - I know some heavy pique polos would be a must have for me.. as would some
Crisp white sneakers and moccasins / topsiders etc.

Is it a lost cause to suggest the silk shirt company making a comeback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 05:01:47 am by Appfaff »

Offline Graeme

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 05:14:22 am »
Electric Leather Studio do some really cool leather jackets.

https://www.instagram.com/electricleatherstudio/

They range from crazy, seventies styles.

"Church"

To more traditional workwear.

"Corbusier"

Offline Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 10:52:48 am »

Is it a lost cause to suggest the silk shirt company making a comeback?

I think it may be

Offline el camino

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 11:37:23 pm »
Do you think you’ll ever carry some of the Kuumba incense? I picked up the Radial lo and slo pack and it’s nice. Kuumba makes a lot of different scents, so I’m sure it’d only be a few different types. It’d definitely be something I’d grab a few packs every order I do. The closest city near me that sells it is nyc.

Offline spitfiredealer

• 見習いボス
  • The Juice was worth the squeeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 09:29:50 am »
How about Wtaps?

Offline Cutlasshound

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2021, 11:43:41 am »
I also love the WTAPs stuff.

My only concern is that there are quite a few other big sites that stock it (end, Mr Porter) and then you have the issue of them regularly being able to stick things on sale.

I have a lot of respect for end/Mr Porter and their selection, but pretty sure that over the last five years they have killed off a number of small retailers, particularly in London (since the End store opened in Carnaby Street, Oi Polloi London, Present and a number of other small stores have sadly gone). These days I rarely buy from them for precisely that reason.

The thing I like most about Sonder is the fact it is stocking a number of brands that are very difficult to obtain elsewhere and the selection fills a hole vs what is stocked in other UK stores (i.e. the Trophy and Calee stuff at Clutch Cafe tends to be different and less to my taste due to aesthetic)

Completely from the left field (and of course bag related), but it would be awesome to see a stockist of Briefing USA in the UK. Superdenim stocked them about ten years ago but missed my chance.

Also, I do like the stuff from Pherrows.....

I ain't got time to bleed.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2021, 11:53:21 am »
Yep, we're not really interested in stocking stuff you can get easily at other places........It's like one of the most important, should we?/shouldn't we? criteria...Sorry...
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline spitfiredealer

• 見習いボス
  • The Juice was worth the squeeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2021, 01:22:46 pm »
I figured that would be the case. I just hate giving end/Mr Porter my money for that sort of gear for the exact same reasons as @Cutlasshound most of my Wtaps stuff I end up proxying from Japan.