Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Giles' Kayak......  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Giles' Kayak......
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2021, 01:47:23 pm »
"I just caught a bass this big..."

"bass.jpg"

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2021, 01:49:57 pm »
"Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 8.49.05 AM.png"

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2021, 01:50:42 pm »
The houses behind Johnny are these:

https://www.johnpardeyarchitects.com/modern-architecture/residential-architecture/priddys-hard-housing/

Built between the old blast walls of the munitions factory.  Originally there was a wooden shed between each blast wall and in the sheds, shells were filled with explosives.  If one went off, person filling shell plus shed were vapourised, but the walls protected the other sheds/shell-fillers
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2021, 01:52:20 pm »
G, Are you going to use topwater baits for the shallows or going to stick to the channel?
At high water, the fish work the margins, at low water they will be in the channel.  I will do the same  :)
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
  • Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2021, 01:55:58 pm »
"I just caught a bass this big..."

I loled  :D

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2021, 02:05:11 pm »
@goosehd Here's some aerial footage of the old munitions depot, the blast walls are at 2:28

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2021, 02:30:25 pm »
That is a really beautiful area.  Close to urban areas, but still far enough removed that you feel that you’re living in the countryside.

How are the bugs though?  Around here, the mosquitoes at dusk would carry you away in an area like that.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2021, 02:42:17 pm »
I honestly can't remember ever seeing any.  Possibly our sort don't like saltwater, or we usually have some sort of breeze.  But whatever, not an issue here.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2021, 03:09:04 pm »
I posted this somewhere else recently, but here it is again in the appropriate thread.

Vanny DeVito gets the Kayak carrying treatment......

"IMG_9683.JPG"

Offline ROman

• 啓蒙家
  • Madman across the water
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2021, 02:40:41 am »
This is great. I'm sure there will be some interesting fish tales (tails).. :)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2021, 06:44:30 pm »
Due to too much demand in Houston, Texas for shipping, the container has been delayed.  I'm now thinking I will see my baby (i need to think of a good name for her) in a month or so.

Finished off the battery box today....Put the waterproof plug in the lid of the box...

Added a strip of duct tape to relieve the wires into the connectors at the plug of too much movement
"IMG_9765.JPG"

"IMG_9763.JPG"

And with the male connector from the fish-finder itself....
"IMG_9766.JPG"

And this is effectively the self-contained unit that I will take off the kayak to charge after a day's fishing...
"IMG_9764.JPG"

Tomorrow when the silicone sealant has gone off, I will do a water-tightness test......🤞🤞
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 06:49:48 pm by Giles »

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2021, 09:44:26 am »
Not the slightest hint of a leak......👍👍👍

Offline jordanscollected

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2021, 09:57:45 pm »
now you know you just need a longer cord, as opposed to an anchor
Minnesota, USA

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2021, 05:48:00 am »
Sorry Jeff, don't understand that one....

Offline Appfaff

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2021, 02:05:48 am »
I think he’s saying the battery box can be used as an anchor! That thing looks a beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk