Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Iron Heart UK Initiatives  (Read 675 times)

Offline Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Iron Heart UK Initiatives
« on: August 26, 2021, 04:05:44 pm »
"IHUK Initiatives.jpeg"

IRON HEART UK INITIATIVES
We have carefully looked for areas in our service provision where we could apply greener logic. Our customer service experts are the team responsible for handling all inbound and outbound logistics. They worked with our creative team on producing a sustainable and bio-degradable packaging solution, which would not compromise on quality.

We use organic ink for the graphic used on our mailer bags, which themselves are made from 100% recycled paper. The outer packaging, needed to make the parcel waterproof during transit, is a bio-degradable green mailbag made from recycled materials. Contained within this packaging, along with your lovely Iron Heart goods, are our care guidelines which are printed on responsibly sourced FSC paper.

We consciously do not offer free returns, we try to reduce the amount of items shipped by proactively engaging with our customers to help them with sizing, to avoid shipping duplicate sizes and a return shipment.  Charging a realistic amount for returns coupled with our proactive outreach, focuses our customers on actively trying to order the correct size first time around. This does take more time and effort, but we provide all the help we can give both on the product webpage and with personal follow-up.  Of course, even with our combined efforts, we can't always get the fit correct, but over time our loyal customers do get a great understanding of the sizes and styles that work best.

Clearly, as Iron Heart goods are made in Japan, and our customers are all over the world, even with efforts to reduce the quantity of goods shipped unnecessarily, our carbon footprint is high. We are in the process of becoming carbon neutral to an internationally recognised certification standard - PAS 2060. The company is in the process of being ‘carbon weighed’. Once this is complete we will make various changes to areas that we can to mitigate our carbon usage. Any remaining will be offset, and we will keep this page updated as we progress towards the PAS 2060 standard.

Online jordanscollected

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Heart UK Initiatives
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 08:59:21 pm »
Your guys don't sit on cruise control, always a foot on the gas headed to be better.

I don't need any more reasons to support the brand, but I keep finding them anyways.

Minnesota, USA

Offline Oaktavia

• 啓蒙家
  • Steady fadin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 09:10:40 pm »
Your guys don't sit on cruise control, always a foot on the gas headed to be better.

I don't need any more reasons to support the brand, but I keep finding them anyways.

Agreed this is awesome as hell IH team.
Instagram- _sleepywizard_

Offline sabergirl

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 09:11:34 pm »
Y’all are just the coolest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline endo

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
    • Instagram 'travellang'
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 09:13:20 pm »
bravo! 👏🏻

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 09:14:02 pm »
Yep very impressed with the consciousness and commitments.
Think it, be it.

Offline SKT

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 10:39:50 pm »
[mention]Alex [/mention] I’ve been impressed by your commitment to limiting Iron Heart’s carbon footprint ever since hearing you discuss it on the podcast. Please keep posting updates about the process and progress. I think it’s fascinating and so important.  Again, well done!

Offline zhivago

• 啓蒙家
  • Enjoy Your Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2021, 12:01:45 am »
Just when I thought it wasn't possible to love IH anymore than I already do...
Zhivago

MM: "we all got to start somewhere"

G: "Never once did he bitch, moan or complain.  He just motivated the team and got on with it"

Offline motojobobo

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 02:42:33 am »

+1 here. Thank you @jordanscollected for beautifully writing the same sentiment I share. I could never have expressed it as well as you.
The journey is the objective.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2021, 07:52:43 pm »

+1 here. Thank you @jordanscollected for beautifully writing the same sentiment I share. I could never have expressed it as well as you.

Yeah, @jordanscollected has a way with words and I've admired @Matt in that regard a lot lately too.
Think it, be it.

Offline Matt

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 09:09:51 pm »
"F178D19E-6C2C-4611-9762-EA92B82B2734.jpeg"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 09:19:52 pm by Matt »

Online jordanscollected

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2021, 10:56:52 pm »
Thanks boys and girls!! Happy to add some waves to this sea of denim greatness.
Minnesota, USA