Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Fit check  (Read 186 times)

Offline Rockett

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
Fit check
« on: January 15, 2022, 12:26:01 am »
I recently picked up my first pair of IH denim, the 21 oz 555 in indigo OD, & needed a fit check. The waist is perfect, tight but not uncomfortable. I couldn’t button them at first but they button now. From the knee down fits great too. But the thigh-knee area looks a little tight to me. I’m wondering if I should stick with these and wait for the thighs and everything else to stretch with wear. I could also size up or get the 777. If I sized up they might be too roomy in the top block though"5A714296-D79C-41C1-B8C5-91B5E69893C4.jpeg""2003D58B-7707-4386-8BC4-ACE49F84DBE8.jpeg"

Offline Anesthetist

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Fit check
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 01:21:54 am »
Kind of hard to tell, the pics are a little dark on my phone. Did you got TTS or size down? From what I can see they look good but the thigh does look snug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Paul9221

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 01:25:47 am »
Agreed that it's hard to tell with that lighting. Depends on how tight you like your jeans, too.  My are-the-knees-too-tight test involves riding a bike.  If you can ride a bike in them, they're not too tight.
Blanket-line all the things!!!

Offline Rockett

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 04:32:46 am »
Kind of hard to tell, the pics are a little dark on my phone. Did you got TTS or size down? From what I can see they look good but the thigh does look snug.

I’m a 30 W in other pants. I ended up going with a 29 W because the actual waist size is about 29.8 inches and I didn’t want them being too loose in the waist after breaking in. The 30 W has an actual waist measurement of 31.1 so I didn’t want to jump up 1.3 inches in the waist going from 29-30. After wearing them all afternoon they’ve started breaking in a bit and are easier to button and a little looser in the waist, haven’t noticed a significant difference in the thigh yet. The taper is perfect from the knee down for me, and the waist is perfect as well

Offline Rockett

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 04:39:27 am »
Agreed that it's hard to tell with that lighting. Depends on how tight you like your jeans, too.  My are-the-knees-too-tight test involves riding a bike.  If you can ride a bike in them, they're not too tight.

I will have to try that bike test tomorrow. I can squat comfortably in them and have full range of motion. I only wore them for a few hours after pics were taken, but they seem a bit more relaxed. I will try to upload more in better lighting

Offline DrPat

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 06:43:12 am »
You’re too far away / too small to really get an idea of how they fit.

Offline LewisStonehouse

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 06:51:55 am »
@Rockett if you can squat in them without significant discomfort you’re probably fine, it’s just a matter of whether you’re happy with how they look…