Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Background to this board  (Read 869 times)

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Background to this board
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2022, 05:39:13 am »
If, as an old timer, your frustration gets too much then it is time to take a step back and have a think about things. A little break does wonders.
Very true. I highly recommend it for those getting short tempered.

Offline DrPat

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2022, 11:04:24 am »
I’ve been here a very long time and I’m rarely annoyed by noob questions.  Additionally, I think the forum members and moderators are exceptionally polite and helpful in answering questions from the new members or at least pointing them in the right direction.

In contrast, I’m often annoyed when people in the Ironheart Facebook group repeatedly complain about how IH sizing differs from that of their favorite brand or why IH doesn’t make a size 10XL.

The thing that agitates me the most on the forum is when extremely positive feedback is given on a fit that is objectively poor.  I tend to give constructive criticism only when it’s explicitly requested and keep my mouth shut otherwise.  I’m not sure what’s the best way to help newcomers improve their fits without coming across as insulting.  But I don’t think telling them something looks great when there is obvious room for improvement is a helpful tactic.

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2022, 11:09:11 am »
In contrast, I’m often annoyed when people in the Ironheart Facebook group repeatedly complain about how IH sizing differs from that of their favorite brand or why IH doesn’t make a size 10XL.
This is why I created this thread:

https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16766.0

So that I can point people to it, and not repeat myself ad nauseum.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011