Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Luggage Bags and Packs  (Read 275723 times)

Offline ddtrash

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Luggage Bags and Packs
« Reply #1245 on: January 03, 2021, 04:21:05 pm »
"IMG_2930.jpeg""IMG_2931.jpeg""IMG_2932.jpeg"My Ortlieb addiction continues similar to @Giles 

I replaced a standard 110 litre Mammut cargon duffle bag with an Ortlieb RS wheeled Duffle in 110 litre flavour.  The non wheeled Mammut duffle when fully loaded was a bit too heavy for comfortable travel.  The RS looks to be a good replacement as it is one of the lighter wheeled duffles available.  The RS saves weight by not using a full telescopic style carrying frame and handle.  The RS has an aluminium base plate and a simple strap style handle to pull the bag with.  There is a larger 140 litre version but I chose the 110 litre model as I had read that some airports insist on the 140 litre bag being treated as oversized luggage.  The 110 Ortlieb bag is at least 20% larger than the 110 litre Mammut bag it replaces. Ortlieb litres must be larger than Mammut ones??  :D

I have also bought my daughter a 34 litre Ortlieb RG roller duffle for her Birthday this coming week ( she will be 10 and wants to replace her old "babyish" travel bag with a more grown up bag ).  The RG bag comes with a full aluminium frame / baseplate and telescopic handle.  I am hoping she like it, fingers crossed.

"IMG_2944.jpeg""IMG_2945.jpeg""IMG_2946.jpeg""IMG_2947.jpeg""IMG_2948.jpeg"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 05:19:00 pm by ddtrash »
There is no 'I' in team ............... however there are five in 'individual brilliance'.

Offline Anesthetist

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 03, 2021, 04:28:12 pm »
Looks like some amazing high quality construction on these Ortlieb bags. I would like to see one in person some time to really check them out. As a luggage and carry geek I feel like I’m a little late to the game on this brand.

I’m sure your daughter will love her bag. We bought my 10 yo a Rimowa carry-on she is thrilled not only to have a piece of adult luggage, but one that matches ours. It’s funny how she has decorated it and babies it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: January 03, 2021, 05:40:13 pm »
I have some 140's  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

And yes, sometimes I have to check them in as oversized.  Not an issue for me, as I normally have a rod tube with me anyway  :) :) :)
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Graeme

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 04, 2021, 01:27:11 pm »
Defy Bags are doing an off-menu run of Dyneema cargo totes in the next few weeks. The pre-order is open until close of play today Chicago time. Email them for more details.