Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Luggage Bags and Packs  (Read 195282 times)

Offline Manticore

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Luggage Bags and Packs
« Reply #945 on: January 20, 2018, 03:28:18 am »
New gig which will require more frequent travel again so looked for a lightweight, durable, minimalist work pack. Landed on the Nomin 2.0. Not cheap but not disappointed either. Will last a while and get used/abused.

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 20, 2018, 04:40:39 pm »
Link?

I used to travel for work a lot and my wife is on the road for about 23 weeks a year. We've both found that a minimalist pack is the best way to go. The more pockets and stuff you have the more opportunities you have to have a pocket wear through. Plus the more pockets you have the more weight you add.
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Online Graeme

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 21, 2018, 12:53:57 am »
@DougNg I'm guessing that it's the very expensive and equally lovely Arc'teryx Veilance Nomin.

"Arcteryx Veilance Nomin"

Carryology reviewed version 1.0 over two years, and was smitten despite the price. Urbancarry also has a review, in which they give it grail status.

I quite like the look of the Seque tote, which is a simpler bag than the Nomin. I wish that they made it with a set of backpack straps, though.

The Outlier Ultrahigh Rolltop and Quadzip have a similar aesthetic, but are more minimalist. I suspect that the Nomin will be tougher.

Urbancarry, Everyday Carry, and Carryology have reviewed various versions of these packs.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:55:51 am by Graeme »

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 21, 2018, 02:36:06 am »
Holy smokes. That's a great looking pack
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Online Graeme

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 21, 2018, 06:31:52 am »
I stumbled across this backpack on Farfetch the other day, but it was expensive, and has now sold out. But it's popped up on sale elsewhere, and it's quite tempting.

"Olubiyi Thomas Backpack"

That said, something like the Lotuff Leather Duffle Backpack or a Frank Clegg backpack will probably be better made.

Offline Anesthetist

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: January 21, 2018, 08:05:08 pm »
The Nomin has been on my list for a while. A Visvim beat it last time but I might have to get one when they release the fall version.
Anyway, here is the new SDR dyneema tote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline David_pll

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 21, 2018, 08:21:17 pm »
This is my current daily, fancy something different with an easy access pocket for my camera but we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 23, 2018, 09:25:46 am »
Anyway, here is the new SDR dyneema tote:
Now I am annoyed.....

I have absolutely no need to carry around a mill in cash, nor do I need to minimise the risk of radio frequency tracking, but I want one of these so much  :) :) :)

https://sdrtraveller.com/products/1m-hauly-heist?variant=43001521806
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 23, 2018, 09:51:03 am »

I have absolutely no need to carry around a mill in cash, nor do I need to minimise the risk of radio frequency tracking...

Not today perhaps, but who knows what the future may bring? Buy one now and you’ve just prepared yourself for all sorts of eventualities. It’s just sensible, Boy Scout forward planning.

I’m sure Paula would agree....

Offline Steffen

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 23, 2018, 10:14:06 am »
@David_pll When looking for a new Backpack def consider Ortlieb  -> https://www.ortlieb.com/en/rucksack/

I own one of their Bike Backpacks for a couple Years now, no signs of wear at all, solid as a Rock, waterproof and Made in Germany.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 23, 2018, 10:18:52 am »

I have absolutely no need to carry around a mill in cash, nor do I need to minimise the risk of radio frequency tracking...

Not today perhaps, but who knows what the future may bring? Buy one now and you’ve just prepared yourself for all sorts of eventualities. It’s just sensible, Boy Scout forward planning.

I’m sure Paula would agree....

I know it makes sense, You know it makes sense, Paula - not so sure.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 23, 2018, 10:23:04 am »
Just asked Eddie (10 months) if Hot Ingrid would go for it...

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 23, 2018, 10:25:48 am »
Eddie, you need to learn this now.  Your mummy completed her job 10 months ago, since that time and forever more, Daddy is the fount of all knowledge and sage advice....

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 23, 2018, 10:31:30 am »

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 23, 2018, 10:32:56 am »
By the way, Eddie is adorable.  Sure he's yours?