Hi, Guest

Author Topic: American Football (NFL)  (Read 88127 times)

Offline Megatron1505

• Mod Squad
  • HC-IH-01 HWB-01
    • View Profile
Re: American Football (NFL)
« Reply #855 on: February 04, 2018, 10:03:26 pm »
Thinking of backing the Eagles for +4.5 on the points spread tonight, any thoughts? My other options were over 48 total points, or Alshon Jeffrey for an anytime touchdown.
Made in England, clothed in Japan, fed in America and drunk in Belgium !

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 04, 2018, 10:09:55 pm »
All of the Patriots Super Bowls have been pretty close. I can’t imagine Nick Foles has another fairy tale game,I’m almost never ever right about these things. Unless you have a really strong opinion and would feel bad if you were right and didn’t get paid. I’d keep my money in my pocket. The initial betting was on the Eagles to win without the points, but shifted to the point spread. Good Luck!

Offline Chris

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 04, 2018, 11:39:42 pm »
Jesus, putting money on the Eagles to win the Superbowl would feel like selling what's left of my soul.

Trying to set that hatred aside, I'm still not sure that's a good bet.  I might put money on the over, though...

Offline piranha

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 05, 2018, 01:29:09 pm »
that was a game for the ages.  See you all at the parade!
Instagram: djdonnietwosaints

Offline Matty123

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 05, 2018, 04:29:05 pm »
yeah try to avoid the looting, destruction of property, arson and sexual assault.
Maybe so. Maybe not

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 05, 2018, 04:56:23 pm »
Like I said I’m almost never right about these things. Nick Foles played well,and the Patriots defense,well,they didn’t play. The Eagles 🦅 definitely looked like they wanted it more.

Offline steelworker

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 06, 2018, 01:18:47 am »
Pats' D abysmal as it has been all year. Brady's stats  head spinning , a loss in what has to be one of his last championship games.
As for not playing Butler, who won the Lombardi for them and is one of their best defenders well that's the Sage of Foxborough for you.
Hope you played your wallet @Chris , after a Catholic education I can tell ya soul is overrated.
Philly fans were fairly civilized post game, it would have been much worse had Eagles lost.     :D

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Offline Chris

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 06, 2018, 02:39:24 am »
No bets here- my rule is that I can be either emotionally or financially invested in a game, not both.

It was a good game, regardless, and the Eagles simply played better than the Pats, so congratulations to them.

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 06, 2018, 08:45:54 pm »
I feel that as soon as you place a wager the emotions kick in. And in the end you’ll be happy or sad depending on the outcome.

Offline piranha

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
Instagram: djdonnietwosaints

Offline Maynard Friedman

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 19, 2018, 10:57:08 am »
Anyone have any views or interest on Christian Wade moving from rugby union to NFL (no idea if he actually has a contract at this stage but I assume there was some kind of carrot - also a stick in his lack of international recognition).

I think he’s likely to be aiming for punt return or even running back rather than wide receiver due to his lack of height, though I could be wrong. I wish him luck and hope he succeeds although unless he already knows and understands the game well, at 27 he might have left it a bit late to make a breakthrough). I also think the speed and athleticism in the NFL may be a step up from what he is used to and he will not find opponents so easy to beat. Having said that, I suppose as long as you have good big blokes in front of you to knock the tacklers out of the way, there are plenty of simple run-ins to be had  ;)

Online Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 19, 2018, 11:01:44 am »
I would have thought he is too light to be anything but a receiving RB. As you say he is too short to be a traditional WR, he may get some work out the slot but I think a special teams player will be where he starts out.

Offline scooter

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 03, 2018, 01:15:06 am »
Mike McCarthy gets to spend Christmas at home, this year.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 03, 2018, 01:45:51 am »
Do you have any insight into what the rift was between him and Rogers? This would have been a good day for them to win,with The Bears,Lions,and Vikings all losing.

Offline scooter

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 03, 2018, 02:58:54 am »
Do you have any insight into what the rift was between him and Rogers? This would have been a good day for them to win,with The Bears,Lions,and Vikings all losing.
It certainly would've been a great day for a win.

While, I'd love to give a definitive answer, as to what the rift was, I really can't be certain.

My perspective... McCarthy had been here for 13 years. In that time, the offensive scheme never really changed. By now, defensive coordinators had caught up, and no significant changes were being implemented.
Combine that with the fact, Rodgers is getting older, and not quite as nimble as he used to be. I think, he has been looking for some creativity out of the offense, to confuse defenses, and save him from some of the abuse and injuries he's been taking, over the past couple of seasons. While, Rodgers never came out and said it, on a number of occasions he eluded to it in interviews, in a roundabout way.

While this was going on, there have been other players making decisions, in game, that were made against coaches instructions. Ty Montgomery's decision to bring the ball out of the end zone against the Rams comes to mind.

In the end, I believe management thought McCarthy had lost control of the team.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:14:30 am by scooter »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.