Hi, Guest

Author Topic: All Things Mac/ Apple  (Read 177551 times)

Offline dinobarnesberlin

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Mac/ Apple
« Reply #1290 on: November 14, 2020, 11:20:52 am »
@dinobarnesberlin

I always go with the year specific colour, in this case, pacific blue. I don't use a case at all so the colour can be shown. if you use a case, I suppose it doesn't matter because it's covered.

yeah, good choice. given the prices, I don't think the 11s are relevant. at least not in the long run, might as well get the latest since you keep yours for a few years. I've got a lot of photos stored in my phone, so I went with 256gb. My last iPhone has already used about 110gb so I really do need that 256gb. don't need the 512gb for a few years, so it's a good in between.

@louisbosco  I just got back from my local MediaMarkt and held the 12pro max in my hand.
Its a done deal.
they will be here in a few weeks---which I am surprised about since I always thought that Berlin was a major market.

im going with that blue as well when I pull the trigger. It must go great with IH denim.
As cool as the 11 pro max must be---I just cant bring myself to go with older tech.

Offline louisbosco

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 16, 2020, 05:14:11 pm »
@dinobarnesberlin  I think the supply for them are also slightly constrained now with a lot of people withholding from getting it on day 1 just so they can feel the product. might be a different story for their retailers as opposed to an apple store. but I do hope you get your parcel soon and enjoy it!  :)
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Offline dinobarnesberlin

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 17, 2020, 03:29:59 am »
@dinobarnesberlin  I think the supply for them are also slightly constrained now with a lot of people withholding from getting it on day 1 just so they can feel the product. might be a different story for their retailers as opposed to an apple store. but I do hope you get your parcel soon and enjoy it!  :)

I think you are correct @louisbosco. Plus with the Corona, I think deliveries may vary depending on where you are. I was able to hold the display model in my hand and its not much of a change compared to what im used to with the 6Splus in terms of size.
my friend in CaLI just bought the 12...im a bit jealous already  ;)

Offline dinobarnesberlin

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 21, 2020, 11:17:27 am »
Ended up going to Poland last weekend to pick up the 12 pro max, since it still isn't available here in Berlin yet--which is kinda weird considering that Apple has launched a huge ad campaign all over the city for a phone that you cant even get your hands on yet.
I was lucky to get it last weekend, as they have now closed the borders again.
After a week of using it, updating it to 14.3 I can say that it is night and day compared to my old 6S plus.
The cameras alone were worth getting it, and now with the new update, Apple has introduces RAW format in portrait mode.
Did I need to spend so much on just a phone ?
No.
Do I equate the money that I spent on the phone to the same amount that I could have spent on IH gear?
Yes.

But the bottom line was that my old phones battery was just about at the end of its life, and it was time to get a new one.
So that makes another item I can check off my list of things I needed....
Now I can look forward to getting more IH in 2021!