Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Osaka (JP)  (Read 9528 times)

Offline rocket

• Mod Squad
  • Team Humbug
    • View Profile
Re: Osaka (JP)
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 02:03:48 pm »
Haha, I am sure Kenta wouldn't had mind that....

thanks for sharing, great to see you had some fun
rocketrocksrox 🤙🏼🤙🏾

It's all humbug, like everywhere
R.I.P. Geo

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 03:33:12 pm »
Successful visit today. I think I met Kenta who is super sweet. He hooked me up with a few shirts in xl and xxl (you just have to ask about those sizes they are in the back).

sounds like jargon one would use to sell crack. "pssst. we've got some stash in the back, man."  :D
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline setandsetting

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 01:49:38 pm »
I really, really loved Osaka and not just b/c of the IH store. For future travelers I recommend the Candeo Hotels Osaka Namba. Reasonably priced and very new/clean. I think it just opened a few months ago so everything is brand new.

I also recommend checking out the spots on this Osaka Craft Beer Crawl from the NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/27/travel/a-craft-beer-pub-crawl-in-the-kitchen-of-japan.html?_r=0

We went to Beer Belly Tenma, Yellow Ape Craft, and Garage 39. (Dig Beer Bar is now closed.) In each of these places we were the only Westerners and eventually someone from the staff asked us how we found the bar. None of them seemed to know they had been written up in the Times. All serve great beers and are super welcoming. If in Osaka you definitely need to find Beer Belly Tenma (there's another more accessible location, but you have to experience the nightlife in the Tenma district).

I mean, definitely go see the Castle and Dotonburi and America-mura and all the temples/shrines, but also drink plenty of beer in Osaka.

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 01:52:48 pm »
@Madame Buttonfly - Now I need to go back and hunt for beer.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 02:46:47 pm »
I really, really loved Osaka and not just b/c of the IH store. For future travelers I recommend the Candeo Hotels Osaka Namba. Reasonably priced and very new/clean. I think it just opened a few months ago so everything is brand new.

I also recommend checking out the spots on this Osaka Craft Beer Crawl from the NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/27/travel/a-craft-beer-pub-crawl-in-the-kitchen-of-japan.html?_r=0

We went to Beer Belly Tenma, Yellow Ape Craft, and Garage 39. (Dig Beer Bar is now closed.) In each of these places we were the only Westerners and eventually someone from the staff asked us how we found the bar. None of them seemed to know they had been written up in the Times. All serve great beers and are super welcoming. If in Osaka you definitely need to find Beer Belly Tenma (there's another more accessible location, but you have to experience the nightlife in the Tenma district).

I mean, definitely go see the Castle and Dotonburi and America-mura and all the temples/shrines, but also drink plenty of beer in Osaka.

I've never been to Western/Southern Japan despite having lived in Japan. The only exception is that I lived on Okinawa for 5 yrs when I was a young 'un. My old man was in the military so we moved around a lot. My mom lives in northern Japan in the middle of nowhere, so it's hard for me to justify a visit when there's nothing to do. One of these days it'd be nice to hop on the shinkansen and take a trip south.
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline Madame Buttonfly

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 01:12:43 pm »
@Madame Buttonfly - Now I need to go back and hunt for beer.....
@Giles you wouldn't need to twist my arm too hard...  :)
AKA Mrs G AKA Blanket Gollum

Offline UnTucked

• Mod Squad
  • UnTucked Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2017, 11:19:31 am »
Maddy's ex-husband owns an American rock n' roll themed craft beer bar in Namba, called "Cherry Bomb"... Very gaijin friendly (He's American).

Idk why I just now thought to mention this.....
In search of:
IHJ-30, med.
IHV-03, med.

Offline setandsetting

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 11:15:23 pm »
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 07:26:14 pm by setandsetting »