Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Other Footwear  (Read 90931 times)

Offline Brock

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: Other Footwear
« Reply #345 on: December 20, 2019, 03:45:40 am »
I have one pair of bogs that I use mostly in the winter months if I’m dealing with mud. They are the classic mid. Super comfortable solid boot that I can wear all day.

They’re not as tall as you require but they are easy to stuff heavyweight denim into.

My dad has a taller pair with large hand pulls that make them super easy to get on.

*they are insulated but I have worn mine here in the summer while working in the garden where temps are 70-80F and they don’t get too hot.

Here’s a few pictures. I think I’ve had them for about 3 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline motojobobo

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 12, 2020, 09:50:18 pm »
Got distracted by other things in my quest for a good rubber boot and the rains are reminding me I need to be more organized.

@Brock , thank you for your thoughts and pics. After discovering the supreme comfort of Whites boots on long days on my feet in the corral, the pics of the bogs look like they hardly offer any heel height . The heel looks pretty level with the ball of the foot. I get some foot pain with flat footwear whenever I’m standing around for more than 3-4 hours. Any suggestions on rubber boots with a bit more heel height?
The journey is the objective.

Offline Brock

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 13, 2020, 04:04:24 am »
I don’t have any other suggestions. Sorry!
Bogs are the only rubber boots I own

Offline Chap

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 13, 2020, 05:38:28 am »
With three dogs and walking them everyday you need a pair of reliable rubber boots/wellies...
I have a Le Chameau Chasseur leather lined and wear them all year round. If a more insulated one is required, there is a neoprene lined available too. Price is high but they are the most comfortable boots on the market and they last a long long time...

"DSC_4269.jpg"
God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

Offline Anesthetist

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 13, 2020, 12:40:54 pm »
Man that’s a great pic! Boots look good too.

Offline Chap

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 13, 2020, 12:46:08 pm »
Cheers @Anesthetist ...beloved Scotland
God has blessed you richly, so get down on your knees and thank him. Don’t forget the less fortunate or God will personally kick your ass. I’d love to do it for him, but I can’t be everywhere. Willie Nelson

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 13, 2020, 03:28:34 pm »
Speaking of impermeable footwear, in my case of the clodhopper variety, I picked up some Sorels finally after having lived in snowy realms for a decade and a half. Even though they look kind of ridiculous, almost like snowboard boots and duck boots had a baby while taking steroids, they certainly make you feel invincible in the snow. The removable liners are a nice touch if they ever did somehow get wet inside.

"IMG_20200209_123446.jpg"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 03:30:11 pm by mclaincausey »
Think it, be it.

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 13, 2020, 05:53:05 pm »
I don't think Sorels look that bad to be honest. I have a pair of North Face Chilkat boots that I only wear when we get blizzard conditions. My complaint with North Face boots is that the shaft isn't quite as tall as Sorels so they end up digging into the back of my calf. My North Face boots would undoubtedly last me for the rest of my life but if I had to get a new pair i'd likely get Sorels
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline motojobobo

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 13, 2020, 08:11:29 pm »
Thanks for your suggestions @Brock , @Chap , @mclaincausey and @gaseousclay . Quite a range of boot types. I’ll read up on them and hopefully make up my mind.
I lean towards a plain rubber boot without laces, zipper or cinch straps. Want them to be super easy to clean up with a hose upon finishing work in a muddy, deep corral. At the same time, my aging feet need a comfortable and supportive footbed.
I’ll probably pester everybody here a few more times.
The journey is the objective.

Offline Aetas

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 13, 2020, 10:38:23 pm »
What about The Muck Boot Company ............. @motojobobo ?

The Core Cool is lightweight, has a steel shank, a Vibram Sole and can be optimized with orthopedic insoles.