Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion  (Read 8804 times)

Offline JDelage

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion
« Reply #435 on: Yesterday at 06:51:04 am »
Both things can be true. It's highly likely that the mix of crimes has changed. So you could have a lot more burglaries and a lot fewer muggings, rapes, pickpocket / handbag grabs, small drug deals, etc.

Offline Stuart.T

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: Yesterday at 07:00:42 am »
@DougNg my cousin and his wife are Very senior in the London Metropolitan Police. She is heading up a ne South London looting squad. It isn't being reported in the UK that London is having episodes of looting so I googled it. The only articles I found were in foreign media, just as with your NYC article in The Daily Mail (a populist right wing p as per who would likely blame any minority for this if they could).

It's strategic though, and the same reason that there isn't 100% lock down in the UK and USA, so that there isn't mass civil unrest and copycat looting like there was across the UK in 2010.

Offline Stuart.T

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: Yesterday at 07:09:38 am »
I don't actually think there is much happening here or in the USA @DougNg. They appear to be small isolated incidents.

Is there a chance that your dad speaks to what you know when you are in contact? For example my mum and dad will ask me how work is, and then proceed to tell me what's been happening to all the old folk where they live, rather than what they've been doing (because I work for social services). It's a conversational lowest common denominator, one up from talking about the weather.

Offline DougNg

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: Yesterday at 02:10:06 pm »
I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle. A few years ago we were seeing in our media that there was an issue with stabbings in London. Someone on my FB page (that lives in the UK) said that if there wasn't a problem and if there was, why didn't he hear about it by now. Fast forward to 2019...

Anyhow, I won't be on the forum much for the foreseeable future. I'm being sent (they like to use the term deployed) to assist in coordinating logistics for the Covid19 response.

Good luck to all of you
I know violence is not the answer, I got it wrong on purpose

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: Yesterday at 02:33:13 pm »
Good luck and stay safe @DougNg
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: Yesterday at 02:34:07 pm »
Good luck and stay safe @DougNg
+1

Kick its ass and we’ll see you soon.

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile