Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Random Announcements  (Read 2183117 times)

Offline Madame Buttonfly

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Re: Random Announcements
« Reply #23295 on: March 09, 2020, 12:56:50 am »
Thank you @neph93 - and wonderful photos of your walk to work, celebrating the sun being back above the horizon  :)
AKA Mrs G AKA Blanket Gollum

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23296 on: March 09, 2020, 03:10:55 pm »
Cleanshaven for the first time in years. Feels nice, although I was wondering who that shaven testicle was in my bathroom mirror. Decided to name him Chris.

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #23297 on: March 09, 2020, 03:58:43 pm »
Cleanshaven for the first time in years. Feels nice, although I was wondering who that shaven testicle was in my bathroom mirror. Decided to name him Chris.

I don't think I can go back to having facial pubes again, well, because they looked like facial pubes  :D
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #23298 on: March 09, 2020, 05:15:35 pm »
An auspicious start!

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #23299 on: March 10, 2020, 07:20:14 pm »
"20200308_102752.jpg"
Ooooh, yes, I would very much like to do this...

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #23300 on: March 10, 2020, 11:36:36 pm »
Me too....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #23301 on: March 11, 2020, 12:50:18 am »
Unfortunately, it's up in Austin. I'm not sure that's a commute I'm willing to make, despite how awesome it would be to add "part time Zamboni driver" to my resume.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #23302 on: March 12, 2020, 01:23:25 pm »
Tonight Paula and I went to dinner with Haraki and few others, including Akashi, the guy who makes the UHF's.  So guess what?  we got around to talking about them.

Interesting fact.

Because UHF is so heavy, if we used a regular shirt pattern to make UHF shirts, the collar would stand far too high on the neck and look ridiculous, this is because the angle of the shoulders would push the collar up, as the double thickness of the material is so unyielding.  So Haraki has reduced the angle of the shoulders (compared to other shirts) to counter this tendency.  The result is that when laid flat, the shirt looks ungainly because the angle is so shallow, but this results in a clean look when worn....

I know I'm biased and have a "slight" tendency for hyperbole, but I do truly believe that there are so many cool things about UHF's, that I can justifiably claim that they are the best flannels in the world, bar none
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 01:28:52 pm by Giles »
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #23303 on: March 12, 2020, 01:53:34 pm »
I know I'm biased and have a "slight" tendency for hyperbole, but I do truly believe that there are so many cool things about UHF's, that I can justifiably claim that they are the best flannels in the world, bar none

I think most here would agree. There are other companies that make nice flannels for sure but none that match IH's quality imho. For me it's the patterns, the thickness/warmth, the aspero cotton and the snaps that make the UHF's great.
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #23304 on: March 13, 2020, 12:23:51 am »
I needed to split the CV discussion from this thread and wanted to retain this, so I had to quote it back here.....
Tonight Paula and I went to dinner with Haraki and few others, including Akashi, the guy who makes the UHF's.  So guess what?  we got around to talking about them.

Interesting fact.

Because UHF is so heavy, if we used a regular shirt pattern to make UHF shirts, the collar would stand far too high on the neck and look ridiculous, this is because the angle of the shoulders would push the collar up, as the double thickness of the material is so unyielding.  So Haraki has reduced the angle of the shoulders (compared to other shirts) to counter this tendency.  The result is that when laid flat, the shirt looks ungainly because the angle is so shallow, but this results in a clean look when worn....

Not to take away from the global chaos Covid-19 is causing, I agree @neph93, these are interesting times indeed!

On the topic of UHFs, @Giles, the above is a no bullshit statement!

The first IH shirt I purchased was a IHSH-75 two years ago, I love it! I had just started looking at Ironheart and, at the time was getting more into high end shirts....been doing the denim thing for awhile....so I decided I needed some nicer shirts. I started reading about UHFs in my research on the perfect denim worshirt, hence the above, once I figured out what UHF stood for 8), I set my sights on procuring one. My first UHF was a sale grab from Selfedge, the wonderful purple 130. Without hyperbole, when I pulled it out of the box I was in huge grinning awe! It was stunning. I had never in my life had a flannel like this. They are the heaviest, most comfortable, on point fitting flannels in existence!

I had found the perfect flannel shirt, many of the past beauty's make me wish much sooner! I now own six and counting ;D

Thank you!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 12:25:26 am by Giles »

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #23305 on: April 04, 2020, 09:49:00 am »
I'm thinking we'll get a few pears this year  :)

"IMG_5422.JPG"

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23306 on: April 04, 2020, 09:54:02 am »
Wow... that is quite a bloom.

Offline Stuart.T

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #23307 on: April 04, 2020, 10:06:21 am »
It's wonderful things like this that are important at times like this. I love standing in the woods just listening to the deafening birdsong. Perfect.

As far as haircuts and shaving, thankfully nature helped with easements in that area. Wahl clippers are my friend.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #23308 on: April 04, 2020, 11:38:56 am »
I have seen one plane in the sky in the last 2 weeks......

Wahl clippers should be here Monday.  Originally I was told the middle of May.

Who'd have thought a month ago that investing in flour suppliers, manufacturers of hair clippers, tinned tomato companies etc would have been a shrewd move......
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 11:46:37 am by Giles »

Offline Matty123

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #23309 on: April 04, 2020, 05:35:49 pm »
That’s a wonderful espalier Giles!
Maybe so. Maybe not