Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Random Announcements  (Read 1993094 times)

Offline den1mhead

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Random Announcements
« Reply #21930 on: August 16, 2018, 10:49:07 am »
^ Gratitude list, I like it  :)

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #21931 on: August 16, 2018, 12:49:34 pm »
Seven years ago today I made my first post on the Forum. Time sure flys by.

Offline rocket

• Mod Squad
  • Team Humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #21932 on: August 16, 2018, 12:58:40 pm »
happy anniversary
rocketrocksrox 🤙🏼🤙🏾

It's all humbug, like everywhere
R.I.P. Geo

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #21933 on: August 16, 2018, 01:21:22 pm »
Thanks,This is post #1209 Was quite a long time in between post #1 and post #2.

Offline rocket

• Mod Squad
  • Team Humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #21934 on: August 16, 2018, 01:35:28 pm »
funny enough 129 matches kinda 1209

master plan  :)
rocketrocksrox 🤙🏼🤙🏾

It's all humbug, like everywhere
R.I.P. Geo

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #21935 on: August 16, 2018, 02:19:06 pm »
Yes, 12-9 or 1209 is my birthday. Just coincidence that it came up today.

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21936 on: August 16, 2018, 02:46:16 pm »
Yes, 12-9 or 1209 is my birthday. Just coincidence that it came up today.
Could be coincidence. Or you could be the Illuminati.

Online ROman

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Madman across the water
    • View Profile
« Reply #21937 on: August 17, 2018, 12:28:04 am »
Another funny occasion while staying at the hotel at JFK airport, my last night there, I sat next to 2 Brits that work for a company the constructs these huge stairways to work on large aircraft. They also have one that reaches up to the power turbines. After  a few drinks I mentioned that I have been to Gosport, they both had a puzzled look like why would you go there. Funnier though was the one guy lives in Woking.

Offline manufc10

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #21938 on: August 17, 2018, 12:35:27 am »
Another funny occasion while staying at the hotel at JFK airport, my last night there, I sat next to 2 Brits that work for a company the constructs these huge stairways to work on large aircraft. They also have one that reaches up to the power turbines. After  a few drinks I mentioned that I have been to Gosport, they both had a puzzled look like why would you go there. Funnier though was the one guy lives in Woking.

Did they look at you even more puzzled after you explained to them that you went to Gosport to meet a bunch of dudes you met on an internet forum where we talk about jeans?   :D

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #21939 on: August 17, 2018, 12:51:46 am »

Did they look at you even more puzzled after you explained to them that you went to Gosport to meet a bunch of dudes you met on an internet forum where we talk about jeans?   :D

Denim meet ups sound and look fun in theory but I often wonder how many sit quietly and don’t say anything? I’m an introvert and tend to keep to myself in social settings, so I’d probably be a pariah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #21940 on: August 17, 2018, 12:59:35 am »
The one denim meet up I went to was tons of fun,but it was at a Beer Garden of sorts and there was alcohol involved. The wives/girlfriends etc. had a lot of fun observing us.

Online ROman

• Iron Heart Deity
  • Madman across the water
    • View Profile
« Reply #21941 on: August 17, 2018, 01:14:33 am »

Yes they did. Even more puzzled when I mentioned I was there 2 nights.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:34:51 am by ROman »

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #21942 on: August 17, 2018, 04:45:55 am »
Denim meet ups sound and look fun in theory but I often wonder how many sit quietly and don’t say anything? I’m an introvert and tend to keep to myself in social settings, so I’d probably be a pariah.
As an awkward introvert myself, I've found IH meet ups to be surprisingly easy.  Although, as stated above, the socialization is easier with alcohol.

Offline Peterpiper

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21943 on: August 17, 2018, 07:59:25 am »
Going back to hobbies for a minute. I think they are important as they are a distraction from the hum drum of life. For me most hobbies involve kit. Take cycling or mountain biking, buying parts, upgrading, new cycling clothes, and then there’s the selling bit as well. Meeting guys in Petrol Stations, doing deals and talking sh!te. Forums.. the internet is to blame for lots of these things BTW. And clothes are the same. The internet and magazines are the ruin of man. They just make you want things. I’ve gotten to the point that I’d say my hobbies are collecting hobbies, and spending money on hobbies.. But I wouldn’t be without them!

Offline manufc10

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #21944 on: August 17, 2018, 06:20:14 pm »
Exactly...hobbies are what make us who we are.  I have no shame in my addictions hobbies.