Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Random Announcements  (Read 1889338 times)

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Random Announcements
« Reply #22380 on: December 13, 2018, 09:08:59 pm »
@Dion  maybe this would suit you better? https://www.bauhutte.jp/product/hfd_4g/
"gallery-3.png""gallery-6-1.jpg""gallery-9-1.jpg"

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #22381 on: December 13, 2018, 09:31:24 pm »
Mac Weldon are my absolute favorite underwear,but haven’t tried any of their other products.

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #22382 on: December 13, 2018, 11:21:49 pm »
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-37 blue/orange L or XL depending on fit
IHSH-19

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #22383 on: December 14, 2018, 12:41:05 am »
I was being facetious.

Offline Graeme

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #22384 on: December 14, 2018, 01:28:33 pm »
I was just basically wondering of it is a dangerous place to go to. I have a meeting with the company Monday and I guess I can ask them.

I've got a feeling that kidnapping is a big risk, particularly if you're seen as being a rich foreigner.

A couple we know went back to Nigeria at the beginning of the year to get married, and the groom's cousin was snatched. Fortunately they got him back in one piece.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22385 on: December 14, 2018, 01:43:05 pm »
Letter from the housing dept: might get 130€/ month to help pay me rent seeing as how I've been on a waiting list for social housing for over 4 years... Bloody nice of 'm...

(And I'll squander it all on beer and Iron Heart  :D )

Online Crit_Obs

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #22386 on: December 14, 2018, 02:42:20 pm »
Has anyone here ever been to Nigeria? I just got word that I am to go there in January...

I have been to Lagos, not in a hurry to get back. :-X The main thing is to only eat at hotel restaurants and not wander the streets after dark - it wasn’t much fun but it didn’t appear dangerous in the daytime when sticking to the ”business areas”.

Context: I’v been living in Jakarta which for many is awful but I really enjoy as it still has that sort of an untamed frontier-town feeling to it; anything might happen on any given day and very often does. In Jakarta not many things work but Lagos seemed like thatˆ2 and the atmosphere was altogether much more sinister.

Online Alex

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #22387 on: December 14, 2018, 02:55:14 pm »
A few of the guys that used to work for me dived offshore in Nigeria. When they are on shore waiting to mobilise they have armed guards and cannot leave their hotel.

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #22388 on: December 14, 2018, 03:25:37 pm »
I was just basically wondering of it is a dangerous place to go to. I have a meeting with the company Monday and I guess I can ask them.

@Filthy Given the current dangers of Nigeria, is there any way you could tell the company that you won't go? I don't know of any job that's worth risking your life for.
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-19

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #22389 on: December 14, 2018, 04:31:19 pm »

@Filthy Given the current dangers of Nigeria, is there any way you could tell the company that you won't go? I don't know of any job that's worth risking your life for.
unfortunately, no. Not unless I quit. They tell me I am going to be staying at a compound with other workers and there are armed guards. So it shouldn't be any more dangerous than when I have to work in other dangerous places.

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #22390 on: December 14, 2018, 08:37:59 pm »
Just visited Canoe Club in Boulder,and got to meet Timothy,who does all their buying. Super nice guy,great shop,and I saw the new goatskin jacket. Just beautiful.

Offline Matty123

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #22391 on: December 14, 2018, 08:42:05 pm »
Just visited Canoe Club in Boulder,and got to meet Timothy,who does all their buying. Super nice guy,great shop,and I saw the new goatskin jacket. Just beautiful.

Wow! That’s awesome. That’s a Jacket I really would Love to see with my own eyes.  I know it’s got to be amazing.
Maybe so. Maybe not

Offline gaseousclay

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #22392 on: December 14, 2018, 08:43:54 pm »

unfortunately, no. Not unless I quit. They tell me I am going to be staying at a compound with other workers and there are armed guards. So it shouldn't be any more dangerous than when I have to work in other dangerous places.

I hope they’re paying you well for going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTB:
IHSH-129 size L (blue)
IHSH-19

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22393 on: December 14, 2018, 08:48:19 pm »
Mac Weldon are my absolute favorite underwear,but haven’t tried any of their other products.

Agreed--their tees are great too.
Think it, be it.

Offline Jett129

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #22394 on: December 14, 2018, 09:06:42 pm »
@Matty123 I think “Sick” is the operative word.