Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Books  (Read 50742 times)

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
Re: Books
« Reply #480 on: December 08, 2018, 12:53:44 am »
I need to go back to it and do it again. Of all the story arcs I love The Sprawl the best because it’s OG, next comes Blue Ant which I think is his best work, then The bridge Trilogy (which is last but still beloved).

When I got my hands on The Peripheral I was seriously wired but it didn’t work out for me. There were things I loved but it didn’t gel into a full «Gibson» experience. I’m betting that’s more to do with me than him.

I’ve keenly re-read everything he’s written so it’ll be interesting to go back to something with a slightly sceptical frame of mind.

As far as skepticism goes, I still haven't read "The Difference Engine," mainly based on the setting in the past. That's a crime, because I'm a huge fan of computer science and love books that similarly plumb the history of computer science and blend it with fiction, like "Cryptonomicon" by Neal Stephenson. Also love his "Snow Crash," which reads as a satire of cyber punk while still being cyber punk AF.
Think it, be it.

Offline JDelage

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 07, 2019, 04:14:31 pm »
Good book: easy to read but insightful.

"0F03CA38-7B16-4A5C-AF3F-E119DD90D188.jpeg"

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 04, 2019, 05:34:09 pm »
The Field by Lynne McTaggart

"Screenshot_20190704-102759.png"

I'm only 12 % in and already this one of the most profound things I've ever read.

Reality is far stranger that we think, and there is more connection within the universe than we can imagine.

Think it, be it.