Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Music  (Read 817396 times)

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: Music
« Reply #5655 on: April 08, 2022, 09:28:06 pm »
Morrisey with the Smiths was awesome!  Everything since…

I actually never had much time for The Smiths then, although now I realise that Marr's guitar playing was great and they have some awesome songs. Morrissey I would happily travel back in time to off. Waste of oxygen imho.

Agreed!!!

Online mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: April 08, 2022, 09:29:46 pm »
When I look at the PF catalog, I see my favorites from Meddle through Animals, a childhood favorite (I was angsty) that I still love but can't hold quite in the same esteem as those previous albums today in The Wall, a thoroughly forgettable second Waters-led album in The Final Cut, and then some inconsistent Gilmour-led material that had a few gems like "Learning to Fly." When I think about all that together, the things that mostly stand out to me are Gilmour tracks and the amazing keyboard work of Wright. That is why Waters takes a back seat for me. I know he's a dick, but have not really stayed on top of precisely why he's been a dick, so while I also sometimes struggle to separate art from artist, it's the quality of the art in my case that ranks my Floyd appreciation.
Think it, be it.

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
  • Not a complete twat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: April 08, 2022, 10:00:14 pm »
I also sometimes struggle to separate art from artist, it's the quality of the art in my case that ranks my Floyd appreciation.

Agreed. Although personal preference dictates that Animals has always been my favourite record (also Waters led), while The Final Cut has value to me. Meddle and DSOTM are just lovely, and I really enjoy the apocrypha like Saucerful and Obscured (Barret/Gilmour). Divison Bell can suck a fuck as far as I'm concerned. It's only saving grace is the keyboard noodling.
“I think it was Scott Fitzgerald who said: "American lives don't have second acts." Well, this is Nephland. We do things differently here. This is the second act”.

(Paraphrased from something Tony Wilson may or may not have said).

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
  • Not a complete twat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: April 08, 2022, 10:01:26 pm »
Also, I was an angsty teen, but I'm sadly an angsty adult too  :D Waters should pay for my therapy.
“I think it was Scott Fitzgerald who said: "American lives don't have second acts." Well, this is Nephland. We do things differently here. This is the second act”.

(Paraphrased from something Tony Wilson may or may not have said).

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: April 08, 2022, 11:52:03 pm »

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: April 08, 2022, 11:57:53 pm »

Offline Aetas

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: April 09, 2022, 11:19:20 pm »

It Ain’t Over ….;-)!

Offline popvulture

• 啓蒙家
  • Pal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: April 10, 2022, 12:00:05 am »
I also sometimes struggle to separate art from artist, it's the quality of the art in my case that ranks my Floyd appreciation.

Agreed. Although personal preference dictates that Animals has always been my favourite record (also Waters led), while The Final Cut has value to me. Meddle and DSOTM are just lovely, and I really enjoy the apocrypha like Saucerful and Obscured (Barret/Gilmour). Divison Bell can suck a fuck as far as I'm concerned. It's only saving grace is the keyboard noodling.

Animals is also my favorite, with Meddle close behind. Waters is my man. Gilmour's an amazing guitarist, of course, but I always felt like Roger was the beating, angsty heart of that band.
WTB
IHSH-13-BLK L

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: April 13, 2022, 08:44:13 am »
@neph93 Thanks again!

Online mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: April 14, 2022, 03:49:20 pm »
@IH-GARY the Billy Strings shows in the UK appear to be available to download (for purchase) on Nugs: https://2nu.gs/3tuG9hu

I look forward to listening to them on my streaming account with them.
Think it, be it.

Offline IH-GARY

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: April 15, 2022, 09:25:56 am »
Cheers for the info @mclaincausey - listening now! Wish all my fave artists would support Nugs as much as Billy!
I subscribed a few years a go for the Tyler Childers gigs but he stopped posting in 2019.

I've got Brothers Osbourne and Kingfish gigs coming up soon - great to be back attending live events!

Online mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: April 15, 2022, 02:58:44 pm »
Nice!

I was supposed to catch Tyler's Red Rocks debut but had to travel for work. I did catch the stream and it was fantastic.

Think it, be it.

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: April 21, 2022, 01:12:47 am »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 01:24:27 am by goosehd »

Offline IH-GARY

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: April 21, 2022, 08:39:32 am »
^^^^^ Banger of a tune - cool video as well.

Offline Jett129

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: April 21, 2022, 08:51:43 pm »
Those guys are absolute Killers,got kind of a Linkin Park vibe whenever they hit the chorus. Singer even reminded me of Chester Bennington.