Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Football (Soccer)  (Read 115091 times)

Offline manufc10

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Football (Soccer)
« Reply #1740 on: January 05, 2019, 06:31:08 am »
United need to do everything they can to sign Kalidou Koulibaly.  He is exactly what we need right now. 

Offline Dion

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 05, 2019, 01:12:15 pm »
Same goes for Solskjaer. He's only the caretaker now but could become United's Zidane. I loved him as a player and it seems like he's the perfect manager for them.

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 05, 2019, 02:50:31 pm »
With all due respect to Solskjær whom I quite like, you could have replaced José with Curious George and Man Utd would have started winning games. I’ll be very surprised if he gets the job full time.

Offline louisbosco

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 05, 2019, 04:07:47 pm »
i'll agree with the fact they are playing better. no more lukaku takes a touch and dribbles to london, more of one touch and go. but in all honesty as a united fan, the past few games should be wins regardless of mou or solskjaer. the real test is next week against spurs which will tell what difference he brings to the table..
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 05, 2019, 04:20:15 pm »
^ agreed. Although I’ll add that the really real test will be PSG over two legs in Feb.

Offline Dion

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 05, 2019, 05:17:51 pm »
It's not mandatory that ManUnited is delivering exciting performances after the SAF era again. World class coaches like LvG and Mou failed at this task. Of course Solskjaer's team needs to show good performances against bigger clubs as well but if it does I don't see anything against him continuing being United's manager.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 05:25:34 pm by Dion »

Offline manufc10

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: January 05, 2019, 05:18:05 pm »
i'll agree with the fact they are playing better. no more lukaku takes a touch and dribbles to london, more of one touch and go. but in all honesty as a united fan, the past few games should be wins regardless of mou or solskjaer. the real test is next week against spurs which will tell what difference he brings to the table..

This is such an old and tired argument that has been regurgitated by a few pundits in the media over and over that I completely disagree with.  These are wins a United side SHOULD win but under Mou they were wins that we were never guaranteed.  Let's be honest here.  You're blind or just being stubborn if you can't say that you see any difference that Ole has brought to the table thus far.  The difference is night and day.

I'm not getting excited just yet either as I do agree we haven't had a real test thus far, but to say that we have to wait until the game at Wembley to see the real difference that Ole has made is absurd.  We have won 5 in a row, won several of them in old United fashion, kept two clean sheets, outscored opponents 16-3, and probably more important than anything we are playing with smiles on our faces and a freedom and confidence that we never had under Mou. 

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 05, 2019, 05:33:18 pm »
^ agreed with the above. My point is that it’s getting rid of José that has made the difference, not bringing in Solskjær.

Offline manufc10

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 05, 2019, 11:05:51 pm »
^ agreed with the above. My point is that it’s getting rid of José that has made the difference, not bringing in Solskjær.

Ah...very true.  Agreed. 

Offline louisbosco

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: January 06, 2019, 02:30:32 pm »
i'm going to admit that i'll probably be a bit of both, blind and stubborn. as much as i'm a huge united fan through and through, i'm also a big fan of Mourinho. And ever since SAF retired, i've been waiting for the day he comes to united. so i'm a little bias on that topic..

i personally don't think their styles differ much. especially SAF and his tactics of the later years. where mourinho lost it was the respect and chemistry in the changing room amongst his players and staff..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 02:34:21 pm by louisbosco »
"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Offline manufc10

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 06, 2019, 07:43:28 pm »
i'm going to admit that i'll probably be a bit of both, blind and stubborn. as much as i'm a huge united fan through and through, i'm also a big fan of Mourinho. And ever since SAF retired, i've been waiting for the day he comes to united. so i'm a little bias on that topic..

i personally don't think their styles differ much. especially SAF and his tactics of the later years. where mourinho lost it was the respect and chemistry in the changing room amongst his players and staff..

I'll disagree on that as well, their styles differ quite drastically IMO.  SAF had a much more attack minded approach that was more free flowing and entertaining to watch.  You score one goal then go for two, score the second now go for the third, etc...I think this is reflected now in their play with Ole in charge as he was a student of that style under SAF.  I watch highlights of the days when Tevez, Rooney, and Ronaldo would tear down the pitch on a counterattack and slice defenses apart and it brings a slight tear to my eye.   

Mou seemed to have a much more defensive approach.  Score 1, maybe 2, then park the bus and bore the spectators to tears while you defend the rest of the game.  I definitely agree that is where Mou lost it (respect and chemistry amongst the players and staff) and that's the most obvious reflection right there that you're not doing your job as a manager as that is one of their most important roles. We have seen that play itself out as proof with his United stint and also IIRC this is exactly what happened with his last Chelsea stint is it not?

I think the players are changing with the modern game.  You can't constantly critisize and blame your players publicly like he does.  Today's players don't react well to that.  Do you ever see Pep or Klopp do that?  Mou was just a cancer in the United camp and he had to go.  Hopefully he can succeed at his next stint but it obviously wasn't working at United. 

In his defense though I will say he is absolutely right that we desperately need new life in the back line, specifically a CB or two.  We are flying high right now but we can't let it mask the fact that our back line isn't the quality we need to really compete against the.big.boys of europe and the PL for that matter.  We desperately need to sign Koulibaly, that man is a beast of a CB. 

Offline AdamJ

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: January 09, 2019, 02:04:17 pm »
After promising he would never leave mid-season unless it was Barcelona, Luton's manager has just left for Stoke City on the eve of our biggest game of the season.

Money talks  :'(
The devil is in the detail..

Offline manufc10

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 09, 2019, 09:34:27 pm »
After promising he would never leave mid-season unless it was Barcelona, Luton's manager has just left for Stoke City on the eve of our biggest game of the season.

Money talks  :'(

Everyone and everything has a price.

Offline manufc10

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: January 09, 2019, 09:35:36 pm »
Jesus Man City is relentless today against Burton Albion.  Give them a break already. 

Offline bryaneidins70

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 10, 2019, 08:07:13 am »
They should adopt the same rule as my sons under 10s league. When one team go down by 5 they can bring on an extra player  :D
"Good news boppers, the big alert has been called off, turns out that the early reports were wrong, all wrong. Now for that group out there that had such a hard time getting home, sorry about that, I guess the only thing we can do is play you a song"