Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Raleigh Denim  (Read 3483 times)

Offline wariosss

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
Raleigh Denim
« on: March 26, 2013, 03:06:47 pm »
I don't think there's a thread for this brand...

Picked these up form Chris a couple months ago. Finally the weather allows me to put them on outside. The fabric is very light but feels solid and promises to fade beautifully.

Raleigh Lincoln. 1 soak, 1 day of wear

Expressing views that you had to hide. Let them know that you are not happy with the things they throw at you

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Re: Raleigh Denim
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 03:11:01 pm »
Nice one Wariosss.....
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline bagley920

• 見習いボス
  • HWDC2-25 HWBC-71
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 03:13:41 pm »
These guys are 10 mins from my house and were my gateway into raw denim before discovering IH. Still have a couple for "dress jeans."

Good people, nice product
If I am not I, who will be? -Henry David Thoreau

Offline wariosss

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 03:36:28 pm »
I'd love to only wear heviweight denim, but I still need lightweight for the summer and Raleigh have great cuts and cool details. Plus Chris made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Thanks Chris.
Expressing views that you had to hide. Let them know that you are not happy with the things they throw at you

Offline Chris

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 04:17:30 pm »
I'm glad you like them and I'm glad they're getting worn, rather than sitting in a drawer.

These guys are 10 mins from my house and were my gateway into raw denim before discovering IH. Still have a couple for "dress jeans."

Same for me- my first pair of raw jeans was a pair of the Nash jeans.  I liked the story behind Raleigh and I loved the idea of supporting the North Carolina textile industry, since it's such a part of the state's history, as well as my own family's.  Plus, Victor and Sarah are good people.  They've moved the company in a more "fashionable" direction that doesn't always mesh with my own sense of style (or lack thereof), but their quality is excellent, and I wish them the best.

Offline bagley920

• 見習いボス
  • HWDC2-25 HWBC-71
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 04:32:07 pm »
I'm glad you like them and I'm glad they're getting worn, rather than sitting in a drawer.

Same for me- my first pair of raw jeans was a pair of the Nash jeans.  I liked the story behind Raleigh and I loved the idea of supporting the North Carolina textile industry, since it's such a part of the state's history, as well as my own family's.  Plus, Victor and Sarah are good people.  They've moved the company in a more "fashionable" direction that doesn't always mesh with my own sense of style (or lack thereof), but their quality is excellent, and I wish them the best.

I've noticed that too. More fashion presence
If I am not I, who will be? -Henry David Thoreau

Offline MikeC

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 08:01:57 pm »
Yeah, they do fashion shows now.

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 10:56:48 am »
Just got these at a 60% discount. Needed some new navy workpants. Kinda excited on how they'll work out...

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/4782/navy-canvas-jones-trouser