Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone here play video games?  (Read 164457 times)

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone here play video games?
« Reply #1320 on: October 02, 2020, 10:31:18 pm »
In case you were wondering, Star Wars Squadrons is really great. The graphics are amazing and the controls are fantastic. They did a great job with how the ships control in zero G and you get to play as the Empire or the Rebels and can (somewhat) customize your character and ship. Also there is VR on Playstation and PC.

I haven't purchased a Star Wars game since KOTOR 2 so this is pretty monumental to have such a good single-player Star Wars game. It doesn't appear to be full of microtransactions and other garbage.i highly recommend it.

Offline Cole

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: October 02, 2020, 10:46:51 pm »
Looks promising so far.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

WTB:
IHSH-87 XL
IHE-13

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 02, 2020, 10:54:03 pm »
Nice. Have fun! I am am playing on Xbox. I got this version so I can upgrade to Series  X when that comes out.

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 03, 2020, 09:11:31 pm »
It's going to very difficult waiting another year for this. I am tempted to go for the early access preview. But I think it will be more rewarding to wait for the full game. Hopefully they do an Xbox Series X version, since my PC is rapidly becoming outdated.

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 06, 2020, 09:24:34 pm »
I'm not too onto basketball. But this makes me very excited for the new consoles and PC video cards. CG is indiscernible form reality now, amd video games are catching up. 

Offline organisys

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 07, 2020, 11:06:05 am »

Offline organisys

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 07, 2020, 11:10:43 am »

Offline organisys

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 07, 2020, 11:12:47 am »
Geek Out!

Incredible what Consumer hardware can do in realtime now....

It was only around thirty years ago that affordable hardware could spin only a handful of polygons on screen at a time...

Anyone have a Commadore Amiga?

;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:24:39 am by organisys »

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 07, 2020, 11:36:10 am »
Funny you mention the Unreal engine... Currently playing the DLC to OUTER WORLDS... Oh sweet lawd is it fun...

Offline AdamJ

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 07, 2020, 11:49:12 am »
@organisys holy f*ck that is mad! I did not really believe the hype about ray tracing originally but as games catch up it sure looks impressive. Interested to see how the new consoles fair on average against PC
The devil is in the detail..

Offline organisys

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 07, 2020, 12:02:39 pm »
I think you will see roughly level pegging for a while, even if some of the PC hardware on paper is superior, partly for commercial reasons.

As time goes on (and the console hardware is effectively frozen in time, and PC not) the PC side will improve, (but this will of course cost the PC owner in upgrades), having said that Games Houses will of course learn how to squeeze more from the constraints of the consoles.

Arguably Photorealistic Realtime Raytracing on commodity hardware has been the holy-grail of the Industry for 30+ years.

:)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 12:13:09 pm by organisys »

Offline thebeardoweirdo

• Raw and Unwashed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: November 25, 2020, 02:51:59 pm »
In case you were wondering, Star Wars Squadrons is really great. The graphics are amazing and the controls are fantastic. They did a great job with how the ships control in zero G and you get to play as the Empire or the Rebels and can (somewhat) customize your character and ship. Also there is VR on Playstation and PC.

I haven't purchased a Star Wars game since KOTOR 2 so this is pretty monumental to have such a good single-player Star Wars game. It doesn't appear to be full of microtransactions and other garbage.i highly recommend it.

I love squadrons!  Reminds me of the good old days playing X-wing and Tie Fighter.  It has very similar controls, which makes it easier for me at least, still a ton of buttons to memorize again.

Anyone on here play any Borderlands?

Are there any Pinball heads as well?
Snowboards, Basses, Pinballs

Offline louisbosco

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: November 25, 2020, 03:06:21 pm »
did anyone here managed to get a ps5 or series X?

@AdamJ you should see the comparison of Miles Morales:Spiderman in this video on the ps5, about 6:00 onwards

"Loyalty is a two way street. If i'm asking for it from you, then you're getting it from me."
- Harvey Specter

Offline AdamJ

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 25, 2020, 03:14:18 pm »
@louisbosco That looks crazy! I half-heartedly looked at getting one but as I am sure you're aware, there is zero stock for any. Besides I don't really game much anymore so saved myself four hundred quid  :D
The devil is in the detail..

Offline Seul

• 見習いボス
  • 10 years of eejicy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 25, 2020, 03:16:23 pm »
There were no games  I wanted available so I postponed my purchase til June (Horizon Forbidden West)...