Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Catch of the day [Fishing]  (Read 61140 times)

Offline neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Catch of the day [Fishing]
« Reply #495 on: June 29, 2020, 09:15:18 pm »
Cute fish, but that is an impressive dinner it had. I had no idea they ate them like that.

Offline Sage954

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 29, 2020, 11:41:11 pm »
@giles Nice work. You are figuring out your local waters quickly.  I was shucking oysters a few weeks ago and found a few crabs inside, a bit smaller though and not alive.

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 30, 2020, 07:38:39 am »
I've started to explore this area, only 5 mins walk from home.  Requires shorts or waders to fish at the right state of tide. 

Though last night I did ship a load of water.  The wind was so strong it blew me off balance and my feet were stuck in the mud, so I toppled over into knee-deep water..... :D :D :D

"2020-06-30_0733.png"
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline jordanscollected

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 30, 2020, 07:57:12 pm »
Took my nephew out fishing last weekend. We caught a bunch of Pike but this was the only bass. He was mega happy.

"saalim bass.jpg"

Offline scooter

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 01, 2020, 02:48:44 am »
11.5" Crappie.

Some 35 - 40 years ago, in my teen years, my family would take week long summer vacations to a lake in northern WI. Every late afternoon of those trips, we'd hit limit on crappies about that size. Fish fries every night.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Offline scooter

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 01, 2020, 03:14:03 am »
Took my nephew out fishing last weekend. We caught a bunch of Pike but this was the only bass. He was mega happy.
Very nice. Large mouths are always fun for the youngins. Recently, I came across a pic I had forgotten about. It was my daughter's first largie. Not quite that size. But, it was big enough to HUGE smile on her face. Truth be told, I did have to help her land it. She was only 8, at the time.....
"Hanna's first.jpg"
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Offline jordanscollected

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 01, 2020, 02:32:59 pm »
Nice fish and cool memories @scooter.

I've never been to Disney World or 6 flags. My family vacations every year were weeks of fishing in northern Minnesota and up into Canada. Those were the best times of my life and grounded me into loving fishing forever.

Offline Sage954

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 07, 2020, 02:50:58 am »
Caught a bunch today. Total length less than the inseam on my shorts though.  Kid had a blast because we were getting bites on almost every cast though. "E38034A3-2B87-4AAC-86E9-F5EBB280257F.jpeg""B9D40C8A-5CC0-4CB6-A01A-C221A8FA4DE7.jpeg""B2808845-D89D-4577-8DB6-4C3E99B9CA9F.jpeg"

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 10, 2020, 04:49:35 pm »
So, I bid on a Kayak and it went for way more than I thought it was worth.  I'd done my sums and worked out that I could probably buy a new one for less.  Came second in the auction, so went to buy the same model new, completely sold out.

So I have a roof rack with Kayak attachment and a fish finder, but no Kayak.... :D :D :D :D :D
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline jordanscollected

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 10, 2020, 06:00:05 pm »
In the U.S. its very common to find for sale items on the end of someones property near the road. If it's the same in the UK, you have the perfect setup to drive around and find that kayak for sale.

Offline Matty123

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 10, 2020, 07:22:58 pm »
So, I bid on a Kayak and it went for way more than I thought it was worth.  I'd done my sums and worked out that I could probably buy a new one for less.  Came second in the auction, so went to buy the same model new, completely sold out.

So I have a roof rack with Kayak attachment and a fish finder, but no Kayak.... :D :D :D :D :D

There’s a shortage of Yaks out there. It’s a sellers market.... go for the kill next time.  U mins my asking what your looking at?
Maybe so. Maybe not

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile

Offline jordanscollected

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 10, 2020, 08:55:29 pm »
i think the one side is indigo dipped

Offline dinobarnesberlin

• Haraki-san Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 11, 2020, 05:11:33 am »
Looks pretty sweet--- "Deluxe Seat (Sold Seperately)"
 8)

Online Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 11, 2020, 08:02:33 am »
Got that too :-)