See product in shop
Hi, Guest

Author Topic: TWHR01 Triple Works Straight Cut  (Read 59402 times)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
TWHR01 Triple Works Straight Cut
« on: March 03, 2010, 04:21:26 pm »
Whilst these are branded Triple Works, they are a design developed by Haraki and me.  We called them Triple Works rather than Iron Heart as Haraki rightly reserves the Iron Heart moniker for the heavy stuff.

Raw:

8 months or so:

They've been flying off the shelfs recently, so just asked Haraki to do another run...G

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:26:23 pm by Giles »
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

IsaakM

Re: TWHR01 Triple Works Straight Cut
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 07:58:37 pm »
Are these different cut-wise than the new incoming Triple Works stuff?

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:09:39 pm »
Yep, the front rise on the new stuff is shorter.  I'd say that the TWHR01 is more of a classic cut...G
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Special_K

• Haraki-san Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 08:29:23 pm »
Is there a particular reason that the new models are going more towards the low rise? I have noticed that a lot more companies are doing this.
Here Comes The Rooster...

Offline Beatle

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 06:53:07 am »
maybe cause it fit´s better...also - the higher the rise - the older the person wearing it..(exceptions.of course) ..maybe a lot of the traditional Japanese denim companies are making more modern fits for younger customers.
We can do anything

http://bybeatle.com

Offline nixage

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 05:13:43 am »
I just got my pair of these and am absolutely in love with them.  Dare I say, I like them as much or more than my 634S.  Love the way they fit.  I'm a straight fit guy and these are not too tight nor too loose. 

Giles, you did an AWESOME jobs on these!!!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:45:38 pm by rocket »

Offline LandoCal126

• LandoCal126
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 05:20:16 am »
nixage those look great! I have been deciding which pair of TW's I will eventually get and this is definitely one of my choices. That is a BOLD statement comparing them to the IH-634S, but I respect it.
RIP Geo

Offline nixage

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 05:24:56 am »
Thanks Lando.  I agree, it IS a bold statement, but I really do love these.  Of course both of my pairs are fairly new so it's only my initial 'infatuation' shall we say.  Either way though, they are two different animals and I shouldn't really compare, but I'm glad I've got them both. 

I wouldn't mind trying out the permanent indigo 1220PI but a bid worried about the low front rise.

Offline LandoCal126

• LandoCal126
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 05:28:08 am »
I wouldn't mind trying out the permanent indigo 1220PI but a bid worried about the low front rise.
I have the same concern.
RIP Geo

Offline TinMan

• 啓蒙家
  • Now, I have an IRONHEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 05:16:20 pm »
I have to agree with Nixage, I recently got a pair of TWHR01 35x36 jeans........ and they are fantastic.  I have already had Giles set aside another pair!! and can not wait to get them!! They are spot on classic straight fit not to tight, not to loose!!

The jeans shrank to the exact size of the tag and with consistent wear they have only stretched a little bit. I am in between a 34 and 36 when it comes to the 634S, so the TWHR01 jean is a perfect fit for me, since you can get it in 35 waist.  I can not say enough good things about this jean way to go Giles!!
TinMan
Now, I have an IRONHEART!!

Offline charly

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 09:36:22 pm »
Here is my TWHR01.
I got them hemmed 3", but I'm not sure if they are still a bit too long.

They are my first pair of high-end Japanese denim and the best-fitting pair in my wardrobe! I'm very satisfied with my purchase!

Offline Beatle

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 10:04:31 pm »
can you post a pic wearing them cuffed ? I think the length is fine - just want to see how they fall if they are about 1-2 inches shorter.
We can do anything

http://bybeatle.com

Offline nixage

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 10:18:59 pm »
have you washed them yet?  they will shrink a bit. 

Either way, I think the length is fine, but then I like my pant inseams on the long side.  Better too long than too short, but if you'd want it perfect, I'd say wash them a few times first before hemming again.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 08:29:14 am »
Geat fit round the arse.  Personally i'd stick to that length and loosely cuff when I was wandering around in stocking feet.  But, the number 1 thing is that YOU feel happy with them.  G

Offline LandoCal126

• LandoCal126
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 08:31:40 am »
They've been flying off the shelfs recently, so just asked Haraki to do another run...G
Hey G, when will you be getting more of these in? Looking for a W32.
RIP Geo