Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Random Rants  (Read 736333 times)

Offline Filthy

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
Re: Random Rants
« Reply #10080 on: October 17, 2019, 01:52:09 am »
Re: BO, as much as I find it unpleasant, especially in a confined space, who am I to impose my hygienic standards on people who live differently?  Seems the height of arrogance to do so. The smell of humanity is not universally abhorred. It's not even noticed by probably billions of our fellow humans.

That said, I wish that people would try to conform to the standards of whatever culture they're in the midst of, especially if I have to sit next to them on a plane. But if they don't, so be it. I've had to hold my nose before and will do it again if I must!

Farting on people is much more offensive and plenty of Lilly white folks farts do not in fact smell like roses

Idk we're talking people that wash their feet at least 3 times a day, when they pray. Their hygiene is probably way better than mine. But I am specifically talking about under arm odor and it's prevalence in Asia. You would think that deodorant would be way more popular than it is.

@BloodnThunder I hate that candy shit smell too. I hate the way it tastes even more. Hence why I  make my own shit that does not have any odor and is not sweet.

Online BloodnThunder

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
    • Preferential Treatment
« Reply #10081 on: October 17, 2019, 02:05:58 am »
@Filthy interesting.  Not being a smoker/vaper I didn't even know people mixed their own stuff.  It has always just kind of seemed comical to me whenever I see an adult walking down the street puffing on something that smells like pina colada.  Probably because I just associate smoking of any kind with more of a weathered, grandfatherly smell and not a jelly belly store.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: October 17, 2019, 03:08:35 am »
Re: BO, as much as I find it unpleasant, especially in a confined space, who am I to impose my hygienic standards on people who live differently?  Seems the height of arrogance to do so. The smell of humanity is not universally abhorred. It's not even noticed by probably billions of our fellow humans.

That said, I wish that people would try to conform to the standards of whatever culture they're in the midst of, especially if I have to sit next to them on a plane. But if they don't, so be it. I've had to hold my nose before and will do it again if I must!

Farting on people is much more offensive and plenty of Lilly white folks farts do not in fact smell like roses

Idk we're talking people that wash their feet at least 3 times a day, when they pray. Their hygiene is probably way better than mine. But I am specifically talking about under arm odor and it's prevalence in Asia. You would think that deodorant would be way more popular than it is.
Why though? Pit stank being stank is a fairly recent cultural hang-up we developed in the west. I don't see why we should expect it to be universal. Maybe people have other priorities to spend time and money on than our arbitrary hygienic standards.

More power to em, especially since they're way over there.  :D
Think it, be it.

Online neph93

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: October 17, 2019, 05:31:36 am »
Well, why do people smoke cigarettes? They smell godawful. I'm not sure that even most smokers actually like the smell.

Stale smoke the next day, not good. Fresh blooms of thick blue haze , just glorious. I’ve been cigarette free for a month now and walking past crowds of smokers is sublime.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: October 17, 2019, 06:27:15 am »
I quit smoking in 2002 and hate the smell, fresh or stale. Cigars, even worse. Pipe tobacco I do enjoy.

Speaking of olfactory assault, can't stand it when people are drenched in fragrance either.
Think it, be it.

Offline BD81

• Haraki-san Prodigy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: October 17, 2019, 09:58:00 am »
I quit smoking 2 years ago i hate stale but i find that the fresh lit cig still smells good just the initial lightning of it though.

Online BloodnThunder

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
    • Preferential Treatment
« Reply #10086 on: October 17, 2019, 02:27:54 pm »

Speaking of olfactory assault, can't stand it when people are drenched in fragrance either.

Agreed.  Candy flavored vape bombs are basically the equivalent of walking by a human who smells like they bathed in their favorite perfume/cologne.  The worse thing about the bathers is they smell like that the entire day and not just when they take a puff.

Offline mclaincausey

• 見習いボス
  • Swerve de Nîmes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10087 on: October 17, 2019, 03:00:45 pm »
This is also a problem in hired cars. These services should prohibit the use of noxious air fresheners. Some of them can trigger migraines for my wife that can last days.

Any in some circles, people seem to think fragrances or patchouli somehow offsets BO, when in fact it amplifies the stench.
Think it, be it.

Offline Anesthetist

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: October 17, 2019, 04:38:36 pm »
I run into a few folks at the gym that must take their sweaty clothes and just throw them back into their bag for the next work out.
I can deal with the smell of sweat but a few dudes smell unimaginably gross . Working in healthcare I have smelled old piss, vomit, cat urine, stale smoke, C-diff, gangrene, rotten limbs, pseudomonas, bedsores, and death. I’ve only almost thrownup on the treadmill while running at the YMCA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online BloodnThunder

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
    • Preferential Treatment
« Reply #10089 on: October 17, 2019, 07:33:53 pm »
@mclaincausey yep.  Some car air fresheners are overwhelming.  It's like walking into a Sephora or the like, which is pretty much an instant migraine trigger for me.

Offline Snowy

• Mod Squad
    • View Profile
    • Iron Heart
« Reply #10090 on: October 19, 2019, 02:09:25 am »

I can deal with the smell of sweat but a few dudes smell unimaginably gross . Working in healthcare I have smelled old piss, vomit, cat urine, stale smoke, C-diff, gangrene, rotten limbs, pseudomonas, bedsores, and death. I’ve only almost thrownup on the treadmill while running at the YMCA.

:D :D :D :D