Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Our Mate Alex Thompson’s Races  (Read 83954 times)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
Re: Our Mate Alex Thompson’s Races
« Reply #467 on: March 18, 2021, 03:25:57 pm »
@Giles How’s Alex doing or is everyone still locked down?

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 18, 2021, 04:02:16 pm »
Still locked  down.  Things will get better (we hope) over the next few weeks.  Alex's brother, Dave,  runs the best hotel (pub) in town, will be down there as soon as I can to see them all.....

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile

Offline Graeme

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 25, 2021, 12:24:28 pm »
I saw that earlier, shame he's stepping down. I don't think that there's anyone in the UK running an IMOCA campaign now, unfortunately.

Offline hajduk

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 25, 2021, 12:38:34 pm »
that’s clear Graeme. But the way in which he was forced to leave the last Vendée, touched him for sure. Damaged his famous engagements for this race a little perhaps...
It’ s really crazy the love, the fascination, the time, all that he gave for the Vendée, and the little that this race  gave him back... Tough…Very!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
"Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have" James Baldwin.

Offline goosehd

• 啓蒙家
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 25, 2021, 02:27:02 pm »
Sad to see, but I respect the decision wholeheartedly!!