Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Natural - Future - Permanent Indigo  (Read 6779 times)

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
Natural - Future - Permanent Indigo
« on: March 15, 2010, 01:26:15 pm »
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

tfar

Re: Natural - Future - Permanent Indigo
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 09:35:54 pm »
Wow, so close in color. I'd have never thought. The natural being just a wee bit lighter. All of them are very dark and towards black. I'm really surprised. Thanks for the pic.

Offline айрон

• Haraki-san Student
  • Vlad
    • View Profile
    • IronHeart
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:01:36 pm »
G, try to photograph all three outside and in sunny weather conditions - I think then the difference in color will be more visible?
vlad                 vlad@ironheart.co.uk

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 08:03:18 pm »
The pic at the top of this page was!!!!  It's what happens to them with wear and washing where they will show their individuality...G
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline айрон

• Haraki-san Student
  • Vlad
    • View Profile
    • IronHeart
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:15:52 pm »
looks like an overcast day...
vlad                 vlad@ironheart.co.uk

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 08:35:28 pm »
It was Vlad, but I promise you, even on a sunny day the difference is virtulally indistinguishable...G

Offline Beatle

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 08:56:07 pm »
after seeing them in person I would agree - permanent is just a tad darker and has more of a sheen to it than future...
We can do anything

http://bybeatle.com

Offline Madame Buttonfly

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 08:58:46 pm »
Just sent pair of 3230PI back to Japan for hemming (roll on the era of our own chainstitcher).  I love these.  They are fantastic jeans but bit lighter weight, the slim fit is flattering (can't do skinny, no matter how "fashionable").

Whilst I adore my superblack IH-9634 they are (for me) quite challenging.  I wear them occasionally when I need a workout!  (And they do look good, I think, but they are SO heavy and stiff).

So - forgive me enlightened women - these will be easy everyday wear jeans and def appealing to the weaker sex... (oh, Shubs and Beatle will crucify me now...)
:-[

AKA Mrs G AKA Blanket Gollum

Offline Beatle

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 05:29:23 am »
Nope - beatle won´t...lol.as mentioned earlier I love a good 14 or 15 or 17 oz denim - not only for the obvious reasons such as warmer weather. And hell - good choice on the permanent indigo - I belive you know we got a friend of mine into one - which he is proudly wearing ever since. I will keep track of his evolution process - looking forward to ur fit pics !
We can do anything

shubharamani

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 12:41:24 pm »
Shubha won't crucify you either Paula. Why ? Well, I've not tried Triple Works but as you know, I do now own lower weight (14.5, 15 oz) Samurai, Sugar Cane (soon Flathead) -- and I have no qualms. I LOVE THEM ! Not that I love my Iron Heart 21-oz or SuperBlacks any less.

Offline Madame Buttonfly

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 09:10:23 pm »
Thanks, both of you - I'm such a novice to all this, really great that you're so supportive.  :-*

Offline Beatle

• 見習いボス
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 05:38:32 am »
Let us know how ur freshly chainstitched pair looks and fits - Madame Buttonfly ***
We can do anything

Offline dkatz

• The Unwoven
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 03:44:18 pm »
It would be super cool to see systematically how these different denims wear over time- develop some sort of system of "wearing" a piece of each type of denim (rubbing with sandpaper for X minutes, folding Y times, etc.), then apply the same washing regimen to each, and see the way the different denims age.

In fact, it would also be interesting to then try different washing regimens (first wash after how much wear, water temperature, detergent-type, etc.) on different pieces of the same denim, to systematically see the effects of different regimens.

Yeah I've been thinking about this off and on for a while. Can you tell I do research professionally?

Offline Madame Buttonfly

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 07:45:03 pm »
Have just started wearing my new 3230PIs and will have a pair of 3230FIs soon, so plan to keep track of how differently they evolve with wearing and washing - doubt I will do as scientific a job as you have suggested... but will do my best!