Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Belts  (Read 97877 times)

tfar

Re: Belts
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 07:00:33 am »
Can't you resize the belt or punch another hole? Should be possible, no?

Offline LandoCal126

• LandoCal126
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 08:07:58 am »
I am on the last hole and the end of the belt is so long now that I have to shift the whole buckle as far right as my belt loop allows to compensate... And it is still annoyingly long. It is just to big.  :( I will post pictures tomorrow if I have a chance.
RIP Geo

shubharamani

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 01:42:38 pm »
I am on the last hole and the end of the belt is so long now that I have to shift the whole buckle as far right as my belt loop allows to compensate... And it is still annoyingly long. It is just to big.  :( I will post pictures tomorrow if I have a chance.
LandoCal, return it boy ! It ain't worth having something expensive and dear that doesn't fit. A too big belt is just all wrong. I thought long and hard about just suffering (pulling a "Simon626-LA" ) through my recently returned SuperBlack Bootcut (IH 9461) -- which would have been hard considering I could not even button the 2nd-to-top-button...but maybe I could have had someone else do it for me...the point is, if somethin' doesn't feel right, it's wrong - -send it back.

Offline Dchill

• Iron Heart Deity
  • "He who laughs last, laughs best."
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 02:58:08 pm »
For those that are interested in belt buckles this guy is in Austin and makes some incredible glass buckles.  They don't break easily fwiw I have 2 and they have held up very well.  He does custom work too, check him out.

http://www.markjoiner.com/index
You get what you pay for.

Offline hectic

• 見習いボス
  • The Real Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 03:05:02 pm »

Offline hectic

• 見習いボス
  • The Real Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 03:05:18 pm »
Dchill please could you post a fit pic of one?

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2010, 03:10:43 pm »
I'm liking this one:

http://www.markjoiner.com/collections/buckles/products/jorge-buckle-1?page=3

Dchill, I'd be interested in a photo of the belt itself too.   G
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Dchill

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2010, 03:12:24 pm »
I can do that hectic, proly be tomorrow though.   

Offline hectic

• 見習いボス
  • The Real Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2010, 03:15:09 pm »
Sure, whenever, thank you

Offline Dchill

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2010, 03:15:20 pm »
I actually use my own tanner belt, the straps he uses are average at best.  I do have one that I want to sell so when I do post pics if you like it, I'll hook you up.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 03:17:03 pm »
Think I could mod an IH belt to work?
"OK face up to it - you're useless but generally pretty honest and straightforward . . . it's a rare combination of qualities that I have come to admire in you" - Geo 2011

Offline Dchill

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2010, 03:26:42 pm »
oh yeah for sure, e-mail him with the width of the belt and he can apply the appropriate hardware to the actual buckle.  Plus if you like a design of a buckle but would rather have it in a different color, he can do that too.  He can also do it in a glossy or flat finish.

Offline Giles

• IHUK Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2010, 03:36:40 pm »
Thanks Dchill.  Still umming and ahhing.  G

Offline Dchill

• Iron Heart Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2010, 03:52:12 pm »
my pleasure G.  Yeah these buckles are heavy duty, true IH style.

Offline LandoCal126

• LandoCal126
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2010, 09:18:51 pm »
LandoCal, return it boy ! It ain't worth having something expensive and dear that doesn't fit. A too big belt is just all wrong. I thought long and hard about just suffering (pulling a "Simon626-LA" ) through my recently returned SuperBlack Bootcut (IH 9461) -- which would have been hard considering I could not even button the 2nd-to-top-button...but maybe I could have had someone else do it for me...the point is, if somethin' doesn't feel right, it's wrong - -send it back.
Shubs, I was talking about my DB Belt being to big. My new IHB-03 fits perfectly. The DB used to fit perfectly but apparently I have lost some weight since I bought it or may have worn it a bit lower when I originally got it...
RIP Geo